Chapter 18

It's been one week since the abduction of Darius and Danielle. Darius however haven't seen Danielle in over a week or was it more, Darius was losing track of the days. The room he was in had a small window atop of the wall in which was the only source of light. Sadly, he was not tall enough to look through the window but he imagined many times how outside look.

He heard no cars or water but he did hear the strong wind. The walls were made out of cement but had many cracks but not enough to penetrate the other side. He estimated the room was very old and the smell was horrible due to the dead pest in the corners.

Darius thought this room was the basement but if it was he would've have seen trees or the ground from the window, but instead he seen the dark gray sky, therefore he was in the attic. Sometime when the wind was strong he could see the tips of trees and but the dark gray clouds would cover the view immediately. The building was tall but where it was located he had no clue, somewhere in the forest, in the mountain, he did not know.

Four guards would come in the room once a day to deliver his meal and beat him up for fun and boredom, Chris Fuentes seemed okay with the beatings and Darius could not do anything about it but to accept the beatings. Danielle crossed his mind many times, where was she? Was she harmed? Is she okay? And the worst thought of all is she dead?

Darius did not understand why he thought of Danielle so much, maybe it was pity. He blamed himself, only if he did not follow her she would be safe, or would she?

Damn his conscious!

He should've stayed and maybe none of this would've happened. Either way if Chris wanted revenge he would had found him either way but Danielle would not had been kidnapped. Darius was confused has to why Chris accused Danielle of being someone he loved. He did not love Danielle but he was intrigued by her. Either way he loved someone already, his joy, Abbigail.

No one can take her place and never will, so he said. Can Darius keep that vow or will he find someone to fill the empty and cold space of his heart? Darius was certain about the first thought before Danielle entered his life now he has mix emotions about the vow. Even though Abbigail was dead he felt guilty for admiring and thinking about Danielle.

Maybe he will never forget Abbigail but she was in the past and Danielle might be his future if they both survived.

****

"Can you be more annoying?!" Willow sarcastically asked Xeon.

"Can you stop talking!" Xeon retorted.

"Why so rude Xeon?" Willow replied.

"Why you so noisy?" Xeon and Willow had been arguing for about an hour. Xeon and Xavier met up with the girls and Kyle and the hotel pool area to discuss their plan of action and to wait for Oscar Mendoza.

Xeon began bothering Willow by mentioning her ex and then with Kyle and Nicole. Tammie and Willow wanted to strangle Xeon many times but they did not want or needed to deal with murder at the moment since one of their sisters is missing and so was Kyle's cousin. Xeon was very rude not even Xavier could concentrate but they had no idea how to get rid of him without an argument or a fight.

Izzy analyzed Xeon many times where they would mention Chris Fuentes and he would fidget or sigh. Could Xeon be the traitor? She also noticed different and weird habits from the boys. Kyle eyes would twitch when he was uncomfortable or nervous about certain topics of their plan and Xavier's breathing would become heavier if it was possible, she could probably hear his fast beating heart. Izzy began to get a headache and was feeling dizzy from overthinking, she still had no idea who was the traitor. A sickening thought entered her mind what if the traitor was one of her friends who she considered her sisters, Izzy did not want to believe that either Willow, Tammie or Danielle could betray the friend/sister relationship they had. Izzy felt like she could no longer trust anyone not even herself!