Chapter 20

Darius and Danielle were hiding in closet next to the front door. They miraculously made it out of the basement, the house was not big and Darius notice through the windows they were in a forest filled with snow. Danielle had knocked out various guards with a broom that was in her room and with that she found the main office and Darius. Two guards were outside the front door from their knowledge. Chris Fuentes barged into the house furious and yelling curse words.

"I NEED EVERYONE IN MY OFFICE!" Chris yelled.

"This is our chance" Darius whispered to Danielle who nod. Has all the guards except for two stayed in living room, Darius and Danielle stepped out the closet but froze when they heard movement around the corner. They quickly and silently walked out of the front door and began running south of the house.

Danielle had snuck into the office before saving Darius. She found the location of the house which was up north from Moscow, Russia. She also searched the house was an hour 2 hours away from the capital in car so it would take like 4 hours if they walked it. But Danielle found change on the desk and was planning to catch a taxi, train or bus; whatever it took to get away from Chris and fast.

Danielle hoped Chris would not notice their disappearance quite yet maybe in about an hour or more but she knew it was a delusional idea and they only had about fifteen minutes to get as far away as possible.

"Danielle where are we going?" Darius asked. Danielle turned to face him and that is when he noticed the dark and light bruises covering her precious silk skin. He clenched his fist and was ready to pounce on whoever hurt her but now was not the time to cause a seen especially since he had no idea where is feelings stand.

"We're going to Moscow which is south from here. We must hurry, we do not have much time before they notice our disappearance." Danielle replied and began to run south, Darius followed behind.

For about 2 hours, they walked and ran but they were becoming tired. A paved road was sited ahead but they were not sure if it was safe for them to catch a ride, what if Chris found them? He would definitely kill them immediately. Danielle was anxious but she knew the only way to get to Moscow quickly was a vehicle. Life was about taking risks, Danielle knew the possibility of getting caught by Chris, but if continues to walk through the woods it is still possible Chris might find them, both decisions were risky and might end up the same but she won't know until she tries.

"We need to catch a bus." Danielle said to Darius.

"But Chris he will find us!"

"We have the same chances of him finding us out here also!"

"Alright, highly doubt a car will pass by up here"

"Just trust me on this, my woman intuition tells me this is the right choice!"

"Women" Darius grumbled.

"I heard that!" Danielle replied. With that both Darius and Danielle were on the side of the road and glance around for any movement but there was none, not a single car only the sounds of the wind glistening on the trees. In most cases silence is relaxing but, in their situation, silence gave goosebumps. After few minutes they continue their journey on foot. After a few more minutes a bus honk at them. Danielle and Darius were relieved, the bus driver was obviously russian and spoke little English but with the mentioned of Moscow he understood where they wanted to go, or so he thought. The bus had few passengers, Danielle and Darius sat together.

"If you want to sleep you can. I'll wake you up when we get to Moscow." Darius commented with low deep voice.

"When we get to Moscow what are we going to do?" Danielle whispered.