26

"Sam said to wake him up...and if he's breathing is shaken...we need to calm him down," Pepper said. May stood there with her arms crossed in shock. The Tony Stark passed out from a panic attack. "Mrs.Parker?" Pepper said with concern. May cleared her throat as she watched Pepper wall over to her.

"Look, I know you don't like Tony, because you think he is somehow connected in Peter's disappearance. But if he was the reason for this, he wouldn't be putting his back out, knowing he has anxiety, to find your nephew if he DID have anything to deal with this. I understand you're mad, but Tony is innocent. He wouldn't steal a kid in less he had a good reason too" Pepper explained.

Wow. "Now, Mrs.Parker, May you go get a wet washcloth? Preferably, hot water" Pepper demanded. She was now bent down holding Tony's wrist. May immediately did as she was told. How could Tony Stark have a panic attack? Pepper mentioned he had 'anxiety.' EVERYONE has anxiety every once in a while.

Five minutes later, May came back with the washcloth. She handed it to Pepper, who then wiped the older man's face. Has he started to come to, May couldn't help but ask, "Does he have severe anxiety?"

"Yes. Why?" Pepper Asked.

"Just wanted to know...If he is an Avenger, why did he have time to babysit?" May asked.

"Long story," the old man said as he sat back up.

"Don't worry. We have at least five minutes, enough time to at least tall me HALF of the story" May said with her arms crossed again.

————————————————
Sam walked back in the room to see everyone, excluding Peter, looking at him. "Who was that?" Steve asked.

"Oh, Pepper. She just wanted to tell us they were close to the towers" Sam said. Honestly, that's NOT why she called, but she mentioned it during the phone call, so it technically isn't a lie. Is it?

Everyone nodded and went back to what they were doing. It was almost midnight and yawns came from every mouth in the room, including Peter. Steve was about to tell Vision or Thor to carry the kid into one of the bedrooms, but before he could respond, the kid was sleeping with his head down on his arms on the table. Tiny snores, not big snores at all, could be heard.

Everyone, including the boys, 'awe' at the sleeping boy. They've acted like they have never seen a sleeping five-year-old before. Steve decided to carry the kid himself, but before he did so, wind blowing could be heard. Bright, white lights could be seen from the window. The jet.