27

A/N:
This is awful. I'm sorry that this chapter isn't the best, but I had to get a chapter out. Hope you enjoy!

"We here" was the first thing Sam heard when he accepted the phone call.

"God, I wouldn't have known," he said sarcastically. Even though he couldn't physically see them, he could hear them breathing, and he could hear footsteps meaning they were running down the hall. "Is Stark up?" Sam asked.

"Yeah..." Pepper said out of breathing. Sam grabbed a chip in a bowl on the counter in the kitchen before responding. "What floor are you on?" He asked. He took a bit out of his chip. "One floor above," Pepper said. "We are about at the elevator," Pepper said.

"Great. See you in like a minute" he said before hanging up.

————————————————

Tony was seated on the soft couch. He kept his mind off the stress he has been carrying. May kept an eye on him. "So he really isn't a bad guy" she whispered.

"No, he's not," a female said calmly. May turned her head around to see Pepper Potts pouring some coffee in her mug. "He is a caring guy, May. Whoever told you that he would hurt that kid lied or misunderstood. Though, from what I heard, I think that teacher lied. You either know or you don't about someone being a pedophile. Trust me, Tony Stark doesn't do that crap. Not at all" Pepper explained giving May a weak smile.

May wanted to argue. She wanted to defend Mrs.Donnelley, but after this, she had no evidence. "I'm gonna go talk to him," May said before walking over to Stark.

Tony looked at the woman walking towards him. "Hey," she said. Tony gave May a weak smile. "Hey" he replied. May sat next to Tony. They sat in complete, and awkward silence for five minutes until May stepped up.

"Look, I'm sorry," May said.

"Sorry? What for?" Tony asked.

"...For accusing you...you said you didn't kidnap Peter, and you were telling the truth. I had to...I had to come and accuse you...I'm sorry" May said.

"It's okay. People make mistakes, I'm I, right? Look, May, I understand why you accused me. I'm a scientist, and your experiences with scientists around your nephew, well...they're not GOOD experiences" Tony explained.

"So we're good?" May asked.

"Yeah...we're good," Tony said with a weak smile.

————————————————

This chapter is awful. Sorry!