Chapter 3 - Adjusting.

For the next couple of days, Monica stayed to herself, not wanting to bother anyone. During the week, the men worked in the garage so she didn't really see them that much.

Monica looked over her information; she really had rented a house and started a part-time night shift at the hospital.

When she called home, her mother asked her how everything was. That's what really made her panic a little bit.

She felt that she was taking it well, up until then.

Monica didn't understand anything that was going on. She didn't know how she got here. She didn't know how to even get out of the alternate universe.

She had a bank account with money in it and her licenses had been changed to California.

Another weird thing.. Netflix didn't even exist on Juice’s computer, only hers.

After the two days passed and they were convinced that she was okay, Monica thanked them by making them a soul food dinner.

At her new house, she was welcomed by unpacked boxes laying around. Inside of them were some of her items that she had from her ‘real’ home.

She was actually living in a motorcycle show, and she didn't know how to get out of it.

__

Over the next month, she tried to settle into her new life as best as she could. Her “money” was put into this little adventure, so she figured that she would test it out.

She would see and hear the SONS around, as she tried to explore her new town. Whenever they passed by her, they would nod.

Monica saw Jax at the hospital a lot. She remembered the episode of his son being born prematurely due to his mother overdosing on drugs. If that wasn't enough, he had a family heart condition and was born with a hole in his stomach.

It was one thing to see it on a fictional show, but times were different now - her heart went out to Jax and his son. When she was off, she would sit with Jax to provide him some company.

His smiling blue eyes looked dead, and it was a sharp contrast for her - even as an outsider

His smiling blue eyes looked dead, and it was a sharp contrast for her - even as an outsider. You could tell he smiled a lot, with the smiling lines around his eyes.

“I just.. I'm so fucking angry.” Jax said, with his face in his hands. “He shouldn't be going through this. No kid should..”

“You're right. All of this could have been avoided. It's messed up, but he's fighting so hard each day.” Monica grabbed his hand, causing him to look up at her.

“He has you in his corner. He has the rest of your family and friends too. Remember how important that is.” She whispered to him.

Jax couldn't tear his eyes away from her, as he squeezed her hand. She had provided comfort in the past 2 weeks or so, and he was grateful for it. They sat in a comfortable silence, until Tara walked up to them.

Monica worked with Tara, founding out that she was the doctor they had check her out and also Jax's ex.

Tara looked down at their hands, which they were still holding onto each other, before asking Jax if they could talk.

Monica excused herself, bidding them both a good night.

_
A smaller chapter than the previous 2.. The next chapter will be almost 3x as long. I didn't want it to be split apart.