Chapter 13 - Mine.

*Can we just take a moment to appreciate his V-cut? I believe he was in his late 40s in this photo

*Can we just take a moment to appreciate his V-cut? I believe he was in his late 40s in this photo. I mean.. come on.*

• • •

The next morning, Monica woke up finding herself spooning with Jax. It took a few minutes, but she was able to get out from the bed without waking him up.

After brushing her teeth and washing her face, Monica walked into the living room to see Happy laying back on the couch watching cartoons.

"Mornin'.'" Happy said, looking over to eye her from the couch.

"Good morning, Happy. Good morning, Chibs." She squinted, before going to close the curtains.

"It's too fucking bright." Monica mumbled, plopping on the couch next to Happy. Happy nodded in agreement, as they shared a love for black out curtains.

"You two need to have some brightness in yer lives." Chibs said, bringing her a plate of food and a cup of juice. She snorted, as he kissed her forehead.

"Says the dude that wears black, leather, and reapers all of the time." She retorted, biting a piece of bacon. Happy and Chibs both let out a laugh, knowing she was right.

"You guys not going to eat?" She asked, looking at them lounging around.

"Already did." Happy said, scratching at his ear. "Jax still sleep?"

"Yep, I guess I wore him out." Monica shrugged before she started cheesing.

Happy narrowed his eyes at her, before sucking his teeth and looking back at the TV.

"Don't worry, baby. You're next." Monica leaned over to kiss him on the lips. His only response was a deep grunt against her lips, causing her to laugh.

__

Thirty minutes later, Jax came into the living room in his sweatpants.

"Food's in the microwave, Jackie Boy." Chibs said without taking his eyes from the TV.

Happy and Monica are some big kids watching this cartoon shit, Chibs thought.

After heating up his food, Jax joined Chibs on the other couch. They spent a couple of hours together, before the boys had to head to the clubhouse to get ready for work.

Monica made lunch for herself and for them, before heading back to her room to get some more sleep.

• • •

Work at the hospital was the same as always. A fairly new EMT, named Henry, asked her out a couple of times but she declined. She didn't know what she was to the 3 men, but she didn't feel right entertaining anyone else.

Henry took it in stride, but he was becoming a good friend. Sometimes after finishing their 3rd shifts, they would go to the diner for breakfast.

The next morning, Happy was passing by the hospital, when he decided to wait for Monica as her shift was coming to an end. About twenty minutes later, he noticed her walking out with some man.