Chapter 29 - Hide and Seek.

It was a long 16 hours of waiting for the next sign of Jimmy or Monica.

They had hourly check ins, concerning the rest of the family and Monica's friends at the farmhouse.

Other than to check on what Juice was working on, as far as tracking went, no one barely moved a muscle.

Jimmy was leading them on a wild goose chase, where they led to a hotel room and an abandoned house but there wasn't any sign of her.

It was a fight to get Happy, Chibs, and Jax to eat or drink, so sleep was definitely out of the question.

They had some of the remaining Nomads ride around in a car to look for anything out of the ordinary.

Nothing.

• • •

Like before, Gemma's phone went off.

"It's Monica." Gemma said, not taking another second to swipe and answer. They rushed over towards her, as Monica's face came onto the screen.

"I'm okay." Monica said, giving her a tight smile. They could see that she had some blood on her face and tank top.

There were dark bags under her eyes and she had tear stains going down her face, along with some dirt.

Her surroundings were a little dark, so they weren't able to see that much.

"This one is a keeper, Filip. I might take her and those beautiful children, just like I did Fiona and Kerrianne." They heard Jimmy say.

Chibs jaw clenched at the statement but remained quiet.

"Your little technical guy won't trace us, by the way. Not in time at least" Jimmy said. "You have 10 more seconds, sweetheart."

Monica's eyes darted to the side. "Kiss my babies for me."

The phone dropped, and Gemma took notice of a familiar tree. Monica's hand came back in view as she lifted the phone. "I have to go."

"She's at the cemetery." Gemma jumped up, waiting for them.

"Are you sure?" Clay asked his wife, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"She dropped the phone, so I could see that big oak tree." Gemma said.

"That's my girl." Happy said proudly.

Jax let out a slight sigh of relief.

"We ride out now." Chibs said, before anyone else could speak.

While they waited all of those hours for the phone call, their weapons were packed up, like Tig suggested.

They didn't know how many people Jimmy had, but they were coming like bats out of hell.

"Let's ride." Jax said, tucking his gun into his waistband.

__

Monica scratched at the bug bites that were on her legs. She didn't know how long she was sitting there, but her butt and legs went numb a long time ago.