Chapter 9 - The Thrill.

It was approaching Monica's sixth month in Charming, and over the last 3 months, the 3 Sons grew closer to her.

When they weren't on a run or busy working at the garage, they usually spent their free time with her.

Even little Abel made his way into her heart. Sure, she used to check up on him when he was in the hospital, but it was different seeing him being able to move on his own.

Monica didn't mind watching him for Jax, when he needed help. He was such a sweet little baby.

Jax ended up telling her about his father's transcript, one night over drinks. He asked her not to tell anyone, not even Chibs and Happy.

In his heart, Jax knew that he could trust her. Plus it felt good letting someone in on his findings.

__

Monica was currently at Whitney's housewarming party, playing cards with Adrian and Cassandra. Whitney was busy being a hostess to the rest of her family and friends.

"Still surprised to see you out." Adrian, said looking at his cards.

"Here you go." Monica said, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Yes, ma'am, here I go. We haven't seen you in awhile." He said, finally looking up at her.

"Too busy with her 3 husbands.." Cassandra added, placing down her card.

"Nobody asked you, withcho drunk ass." Monica snapped at her. Cassandra and Adrian only cracked up laughing.

"Why so defensive, babe?" Cassandra. asked through her laughs.

"For your information, I have never been an outgoing person. I like my solitude. I like my boring life." Monica said.

"Okay, Buddha." Adrian waved her off.

Monica's phone screen lit up, displaying a text from Chibs.

"Which one is it?" Adrian leaned over the table to get a look at the screen.

Monica snatched her phone up. "Just nosey for no reason at all." She sent a quick text back to Chibs.

"She has three boyfriends.. that's crazy." Cassandra said outloud. "Kind of envious."

"Same." Adrian said. Cassandra and Monica looked at him.

"What..? I like rugged guys too." He smirked.

"You too, pretty boy?" Cassandra high fived him.

"Can we just play the game?" Monica sighed. She couldn't deny that she was having a good time, even though they were being messy as hell.

• • •

The entire SAMCRO were at the Carnival watching as Monica sung with the band from the Bliss.

(Sidenote: Miguel is amazing! I listen to the live version more than the studio version, - which is still great don't get me wrong, but it's something about the live version that gets me.)

Monica was lost in the music, swaying her body from side to side. It was a different vibe, compared the normal slower songs she would sing at the club.

There, it was more vulnerable or sensual. Here, she was letting loose. They watched as she bounced around on the stage, having a fun time.

She had ditched her red cardigan, glad that she put her hair in two afro puffs.

She made eye contact with each of them as she sung the song

I can feel the riot in the air..
tonight..
Kinda trouble, you can taste

And I,
can't wait
And I,
can't wait

It's the thrill,
I feel my heartbeat racing

And I,
can't wait,
can't wait.

Looking around, they noticed that they weren't the only one watching her. A crowd had surrounded the stage, dancing to the mini concert.

Opie watched as Ellie and Kenny dragged Donna towards the stage. He laughed as she awkwardly danced with their kids.

Even Gemma looked her way and smiled as she served her famous chili.

"She's amazing." They heard Half-sac say.

"Looks like someone has a crush." Bobby teased the Prospect.

Jax turned to look at him.

"Better cut that shit out before I do." Happy barked out, burning a hole in the side of his head.

Half-sac gulped and shook his head. "I d-don't. She's just nice to me." He tried to reason with him, scratching the back of his head.

Happy continued to glare at him, hearing his brothers snicker in the background.

Chibs shook his head but kept his eyes locked on their dancing beauty.

In a way, Monica was a breath of fresh air for them. She wasn't connected to their world, so they could come to her and be regular men for awhile.

She was their escape from the blood and carnage. The croweaters desperately wanted to be a part of their world and to be the eye candy on their arms.

But not her. She genuinely enjoyed being around them.