Chapter 14 - Free Yourself.

"I heard that you called Happy a bald headed fucker." Tig teased Monica at the next family dinner.

Monica choked on her drink, while everyone were laughing. Chibs cleaned her chin off with a napkin.

"Thank you, Chibs." Monica said, softly.

"Nobody talks to Happy like that." Juice said in awe.

"Well.. he made me mad." Monica shrugged, although she was a little embarrassed.

She saw Happy laughing along with the others. He had to admit it was funny when he heard it.

• • •

Monica had been craving a chocolate cake donut from the local bakery - those things were too addictive. After buying a dozen, she made her way outside.

Fumbling with the keys, she noticed a motorcycle at the diner. Looking through the window, she could see Jax and Tara in a close embrace.

Once they pulled their eyes away from each other, Jax made eye contact with Monica

Once they pulled their eyes away from each other, Jax made eye contact with Monica. She fought hard to keep her face emotionless and got into her driver's seat.

It wasn't long after that Monica had to put her phone on silent from Jax's multiple phone calls and text messages. She just didn't feel like talking to him.

The 3 sons had a spare key to her house, so she utilized her door stopper to prevent him from coming into the house - which he tried.

__

The next night, during her shift, Jax came by the hospital looking for her. Shaken out of her temporary shock by her increasing anger, Monica grabbed a hold of him to find a place away from her nosy coworkers.

"Are you serious right now?! Leave my job out of this." She whispered, in a sharp tone, at him.

"You've been ignoring me, Monica. This is the only way that you'd talk to me." Jax said, trying to grab a hold of her arm.

"I don't fucking care, Jax. You fucked up, not me." Monica dodged his attempts.

She noticed Tara walking up to them. Monica watched as he tensed up when Tara stood next to him and kissed him on the lips.

Tara turned towards her, with a smug look on her face. Monica refused to give her any satisfaction and gave her a bored look before excusing herself.

All Jax could do was watch her walk away.

• • •

Of course, Chibs and Happy knew what happened. They noticed how Jax was blowing through his cigarettes, even more so than normal.

He had been smoking to calm his nerves, so it didn't take much for them to get the reason out of him.

Seeing how distressed Jax was, Chibs asked Monica if she could stop by the clubhouse. She was confused, because she was positive that he knew what was going on between them.