Chapter 12 - Knowing.

"I look like a damn rollie pollie." Monica huffed out, while looking at the video that Adrian was showing her on his phone.

Cassandra was cackling, like a dying hyena, on her living room floor.

"Will you shut up?" Whitney threw a pillow at her.

They had decided to have a night out, in the neighboring town, where Adrian and Cassandra dragged her and Whitney to a strip club.

Monica had a couple of drinks and decided to take a swing.. literally, on the pole.

"At least you made a couple of dollars." Adrian pointed out, replaying the video.

"I didn't know you had it in you." Whitney admitted, eating some of the white cheddar popcorn.

"One of my best friends, Stacy, teaches a pole exercise class." Monica said, looking down at her phone. "It looks easy but it is a workout, and I didn't even do 1% of what exotic dancers do."

Chibs was texting her saying that he may have left his wallet at her house, and would be stopping by shortly to look for it.

"Well, she needs to come out here and show us how to do that. I wanna make some money." Adrian said.

She turned to Whitney and asked, "How and why did you become friends with them?"

Whitney opened and closed her mouth a few times, before settling on a shrug. "I can't even give you a good reason."

"Bitch." Cassandra narrowed her eyes, making everyone laugh.

Her doorbell interrupted their conversation. Monica got up from the couch and walked over to the door.

She wasn't embarrassed of Chibs, she was worried about her unfiltered guests - minus Whitney, of course.

Opening the door, she saw Happy and Chibs smiling down at her.

"Hey, you two." Monica went in to hug both of them. She moved aside to let them in.

"I tried to look for your wallet but I couldn't find it. Maybe I'm overlooking it." Monica said, noticing her friends had went silent and were staring at the two men.

"Oh.. This is Cassandra, Whitney, and Adrian." She pointed at them individually. "This is Chibs and Happy."

Happy just nodded at the three, while Chibs greeted them with a hello.

Chibs excused himself and went to go look for his wallet in her room. Monica was telling the truth, she had a habit of overlooking things that were directly in her face.

"You want to come sit down, handsome?" Adrian said, looking Happy up and down.

Happy stared at him before looking at Monica, who was biting back her laugh.

"Stop flirting with one of Monica's boyfriends. It's rude." Cassandra turned to Adrian.

"...thanks a lot, Cassandra." Monica said.

"I found it. It was underneath your robe on the chair." Chibs said as he walked back into the living room.

"Oh, lord. He has an accent." Adrian fell back on the couch, clutching his chest like he fainted.

"Say something else." Adrian demanded.

"Adrian.. please." Monica groaned. "I'm sorry." She said, turning to the two.

Chibs chuckled and said, "It's no problem."

__

She didn't know how it happened, but Chibs and Happy ended up staying to play cards and having a couple of beers.