Chapter 17 - Stay Ready.

“I don't want to do this right now.” Monica said, with her arms folded across her chest.

“You need to be able to protect yourself, darlin’.” Jax said, walking up to her.

“You think I don't know that? I know I didn't fight back.” Monica's tone hardened, as she looked at the blonde.

“Hey..” Jax’s eyes softened. “You know I didn't mean it like that.” He said, reaching out to touch her face.

Monica looked away from him, feeling her eyes start to water. She shook her head, as she tried to not replay the scene in her head. From the moment, that the man threw her on the ground, she had been beating herself up for not fighting back.

I should have tried, even if I couldn't have taken them on.

Jax caressed her, watching her face as her emotions ran wild. He hated that she was blaming herself - they all did.

They were worried about her, because she was having nightmares and didn't want to leave the house at all.

It was completely understandable because her face was still bruised, but they didn't want her to close herself off completely.

All 3 of them thought it would be good for her to learn self defense and to be able to release some of her frustrations.

“Come on, babe, work with me.” Jax said, stepping back from her.

“I know how to fight.” Monica stated.

“Did you use to wrestle chickens, back at home?” Jax taunted her, taking a shot at her being from the South.

Monica narrowed her eyes, knowing that he was trying to get her mad. “I have never lived on a farm, fuck you very much.” She said.

“I’ve been meaning to ask you.. Why do you have a southern drawl, you wanna be Blake Shelton.”

“Shit, Jackie.” Chibs laughed, from the side of the ring. He was standing with Bobby, Tig, Juice, Opie, and Clay - who all insisted on seeing this.

“You talk a lot of shit, Monica.” Jax said, before running at her.

Monica tried to duck down and crawl out from the ring, but Jax grabbed onto her ankles. She grabbed one of the ropes tightly, with both hands.

“Really?” Jax asked, annoyed. “Let go.”

“Fuck you, you fake ass Billy Ray Cyrus. I don't want to do this, I said.”

Jax's face turned hot from the insult, as he heard all of his brothers laughing.

Letting go of her ankles, he placed his fingers in her armpits to get her to let go of the rope.

Monica kicked at him, from her position on the ring floor, hitting him in the arm.

“You wanted it, now you got it.” She said, still kicking her feet wildly. He grabbed her ankles again, using his height to hold her legs down and laid on top of her.

Jax was nose to nose with her, a smirk growing on his face.

“I could headbutt the shit out of you right now.” Monica stated.

Jax narrowed his eyes, all trace of humor gone from his face. “You better fucking not, I swear.”

“Let me up and I won't.” Monica smiled at him.

Jax hesitated at first but slowly got off of her. Monica rolled on her stomach and put her hands on his legs. It appeared like she was trying to get help with standing up.