Chapter 19 - Back in Charming.

1 year later.

___

Monica slowly climbed out of the rental van, noticing the storm clouds forming in the sky.

As normal, the Sons were having a party. It was in the beginning stage, since it was still light out.

She closed her eyes, trying to go over the things that she wanted to say.

Walking up to the clubhouse, a Nomad member stopped her.

"Little lady, I believe you're in the wrong place." The man stated.

"I'm not. I'm a.. friend of Happy's." Monica said.

She figured that name dropping Happy would make it easier to get through than knowing Jax or Chibs; being that they were known for being more outgoing than Happy.

"Sure." He said, not believing her.

Sighing, Monica continued, "He has smiley faces on the left side of his stomach." She said, giving him a knowing look.

The man was picking up what she was hinting at, but he still didn't make a move to let her through.

"Seriously.. Just go get someone who can vouch for me." Monica said, annoyed.

Thankfully, Juice was walking out of the front door at that moment. His mouth dropped, when he noticed her.

Monica gave him a smile and stepped closer to bring him into a hug.

"Hey, Juice." She said.

"You're back?" Juice asked, returning her hug.

"She's cool." He said to the unknown man. "We know her."

Monica turned to give the man a look, who only chuckled and raised his hands. "Had to make sure."

She nodded and turned back to Juice. "How are they?"

"Better now.." Juice said slowly.

"They were really going through it when you left.. I mean, we looked everywhere for you, Monica. Even had other trusted members, in different cities, to keep an eye out for you."

He wanted to be honest with her, because he saw the aftermath of her leaving.

Monica felt the guilt increase. "I need to talk to them.."

Juice nodded, turning to the door. "I'll cover you, until Happy tries to kill me or something." He joked, giving her a smile.

She nudged him lightly. "Look at you, my half of a hero."

__

Juice and Monica made their way to the boys, who were sitting around with their brothers drinking and laughing.