Teaser

Ashley and I walked into the kitchen and she pulled out her phone.  “I don’t want you to be mad.”  She glanced up from her phone just to look at me, but looked down again to find what she was looking for.  “I didn’t know if I should show you, but I honestly couldn’t figure it out.”

I leaned against the counter and she handed her phone to me.  She pointed to the tall figure in the back, drumsticks in hand.  “Is that who I think it is?”

If it was, his hair was a bit longer and the bone structure in his face was stronger. “I think so.”

                “I just couldn’t tell. If it is him, he’s a new band called Another World.  They’re based in Las Vegas.  They’re playing a show in two weeks in Huntington.”

                “How’d you find this?”

                “Ash actually showed it to me.  Do you think it’s him?”

I double tapped the picture to zoom in on his face.  And one look at his eyes told me it was Noah.  Or should I call him Erik?  “That’s him.”  It’s the first time I’ve seen him since he left.  I haven’t seen pictures because Carrie took them down around the house.  And I try not to look at the folder on my computer.

                “We’re going, right?”

I quickly shook my head and handed her back the phone.  “No, absolutely not.”

                “What?  Why?”

                “What if Scott is there?  I can’t see either of them right now.”

She tucked her phone back in her pocket and looked at me with a sad smile.  “I know, I’m sorry.  I just thought maybe you would like to see him.  Maybe it’ll help with the nightmares.”

                “And what if it makes them worse?” I wondered, nervously picking at my bottom lip.  “And Ash would never let me go.”

She huffed, “If you want to go, I can get around Ash.  But that’s only if you want to go.  I know you want to see him.  Even if you don’t say it, I can tell.  I’ve been your best friend forever and I just need you to be happy again.  It sucks seeing you like this, and I’m sorry.  I know it’s been nine months, but you’re still kind of absent.”

I felt the tears sting my eyes as Ashley spoke.  My stomach was in knots.  “I don’t think I can right now.”

                “Will you at least think about it?” She pushed slowly.

My smile was only small and I nodded.  “I’ll think about it.”  Just about that time the doorbell rang.  “Want to stay for pizza?”

                “Honey, I planned on staying the weekend.”  She laughed and threw an arm around my shoulders.  It was nice to have my best friend with me again.

                After pizza and two hours of video games and an added scary movie, Alex was off to bed.  Ashley and I sat in the living room, talking about anything and everything but my brother.  “Can I ask you something?” I brought my legs up and wrapped my arms around them.

She nodded and turned her whole body to face me.  “Will you be there?”

                “Be where?”

                “If I was to go, would you be there?”

                “Of course.” She answered quickly and looked at me like I just asked the stupidest question.

I started picking at my bottom lip again and she swatted my hand away.  “Do you want to go?  I’ll be with you all the way.”

A slight hesitation held onto my tongue.  “I think so.  Like you said, it could be good for me.  Maybe help with the nightmares somehow.  And it would be nice to see him.”  I was living on the thought of seeing him again.

-------------------------

It's short, but I'm really excited!!! 

This is just a teaser!  The first chapter will be up next week by Friday!!  I just got really excited and wrote a lot, haha.  I hope you guys are excited!

Picture of Noah to the side ->>>>

The Bad Boy is Back (Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara