𝟣.𝟪

shawn mendes
18/02/18
9:54am
new york city, usa

Aurora. As soon as I'm awake, her name is the only thing on my mind, just as it was on my lips the night before. The Roman goddess of dawn. As I watch her wake up, stretching her arms above her head as the sunlight from her windows hits her unclothed back, I realise how fitting her name is. Her natural, curly hair falls down as she stretches, chaotic and messy from last night.

Last night. We went on for hours, only falling asleep to the sunrise. I could've gone on for longer, just to hear those moans and whispers of my name, reminding myself that it was me that made her feel like that.

I bite my lip at the sight of her heavenly naked body, propping myself up on my elbows. She catches my eye in the mirror, turning her head around and making direct eye contact.

"Stare much?" She cocks an eyebrow, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. "What you thinking about?"

"Last night." I sigh, my breath hitching in my throat as memories of sights and sounds flood my brain. I don't have to be at the airport until later, so I'm planning on spending the morning exactly how the night went. With her screaming my name like it's the only word she remembers.

"You want coffee?" She asks me, casually getting out of bed without bothering to cover herself up. I nod enthusiastically, my eyes trailing down her nude body. Even though I'd already had her, several times, I still want- no, need her.

"Please." I gulp, staring at her ass as she walks away. She pulls a robe off a hook on the back of her door, waiting until she's out of the room before she wraps it around her. Just as I begin to think she's all that will ever occupy my mind from now on, my phone rings harshly, piercing through the quiet.

"Care to explain where you are?" Andrew practically yelled down the phone, making my stomach turn. "Because I know for a fact you didn't go back to your hotel last night, which normally wouldn't matter. Unless you forgot about where you had to be today. And you clearly have." I rack my brain for events I have scheduled this week. No more in New York, or so thought.

"Uhm, where am I supposed to be?" I ask innocently.

"I honestly don't know why I bother with you, Mendes. You're so irresponsible and reckless and careless and I'm-" He rants, exasperation evident in his voice. "Forget it. Does the Met Gala ring any bells to you?" Fuck.

"Uh, yeah..."

"How about the New York Versini offices?" He adds, making my heart drop to my feet. "If that doesn't, maybe the name Aurora Versini will?" I try to think of a response, to no avail. "In fact, I know you'll remember that name. Because I spent all last night trying to get rid of any ties she had to you, including that photo of the two of you leaving the club together."

"I'm so sorry, Andrew. Just tell me where I need to be and I'll be there." I reply in earnest, knowing from the tone of his voice that now isn't the time for a joke.

"Damn right you will. Don't let it happen again. Be at the office at 10:30 to discuss your suit with Aurora, or I'll cancel your contract." He says, probably only half-joking.

"You wouldn't dare." I chuckle, but he doesn't reciprocate.

"I mean it. Get dressed." He snaps.

"How did you-" He doesn't answer, ending the call. I sigh loudly, flopping back on the bed. "Fuck."

"Who was that?" Aurora returns into the room, her cleavage just visible above the fabric of the silk robe she's wearing. She hands me my coffee, sitting on the edge of the bed.

I snap back to reality. "Fuck, Aurora. I'm so sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" She takes a drink of her own coffee, a barely audible moan emitting from her plump lips as she swallows. If she could manage to turn me on just by drinking coffee, there was no hope for me keeping it together at the meeting in an hour.

"Do you have to go to work today?"

She thinks for a moment, "It's a Sunday. I don't have to go in until the afternoon. Why, do you have something else planned?" She coos, completely oblivious to the situation.

"Well, you see. You actually have to be there in half an hour." Her expression morphs from smug to confused as soon as I vocalise the news.

"Uhm, what?"

"You have a meeting. With me. In half an hour." I choke out, guilt consuming me despite it not being my fault. It's so obvious that she cares so much about her career, and I don't want to be the one to put that in jeopardy. "I didn't know about it either."

"Fuck!" She yells, scraping her hair back. "Who told you? Shit."

"My manager. He says he managed to get rid of that photo, of us." I add, trying to weave in a positive to the situation.

"Ah, well. That solves everything." She snaps sarcastically, getting off the bed. "Sorry. I just-"

"No need to apologise, I'll get out of your hair as fast as possible."

"Right. That would be... good." She sighs, composing herself. "Here's what's gonna happen: you're gonna get dressed in last night's clothes, catch a cab to my office, ask at the reception for my personal assistant Olivia; she'll find you some clothes that aren't a crumpled up shirt and dirty trousers. And then you'll go to the meeting with me and my boss and you're gonna act like nothing, absolutely nothing, happened last night. I mean it, Mendes."

I resist the urge to tell her how much she turns me on when she gets bossy - or when she does anything in general, swallowing my words and nodding viciously. "Ok, got it."

She hands me my clothes, breathing a large sigh. "Sorry about this. I- I, uh, I had fun last night." My heart sinks at the thought of what we had last night only lasting for that night, but I don't protest. Now probably isn't the right time for heavy questions like 'Was it just a one-night thing?' or 'Am I ever gonna see you again?', so I keep my mouth shut.

"Last night?" I say sarcastically, raising my eyebrows. She squints her eyes at me.

"Cute. Real cute." She chuckles, standing up. "Seriously, though. Don't try anything."

"And what do you mean by that?" I raise my eyebrows innocently.

"You know what I mean. Just be, you know, subtle." She warns me.

"Okay, okay. I'm in serious Shawn mode now." I reply, preparing to call a cab. "What's your address?"

"50 Central Park West." She takes a sip of her coffee, watching me as I call an uber. "Do you know where you're going?" I shake my head timidly, "712 5th avenue, 42nd floor."

"Right, ok. Thanks." I say awkwardly, now fully dressed. "I guess I'll get going then. Uh, thank you. For the coffee, and for last night. I had a really great night."

It wasn't a lie, an understatement if anything. It wasn't just a great night, it was the best night I've had in a long time. And it wasn't just great sex, it just so happened to be the best sex of my life. And the rational part of my brain knows that after this morning, I probably won't experience it again.