𝟥.𝟨

a/n;
yes this chapter is also from aurora's point of view even though i usually alternate
yes that means that aurora's chapters land on even numbers not odd anymore
YES THAT STRESSES ME OUT FOR REASONS I DONT KNOW
anyway rant over xx

aurora versini
03/03/18
2:40pm
sorrento, italy

"You know something?" Shawn begins as we move from one stall to another, both our hands filled with bags of picnic food. "This is the longest I've gone without speaking to my family or my fans in, well, forever."

"It's only been 24 hours." I laugh, "Do you miss them?"

"Kinda. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy here with you." He squeezes my hand. "Because I am, very much."

"You could call your family when we get in the car? I'm sure they'd want to hear from you." I suggest, looking between the bags of shopping. "Because I think if we buy anything else the boat will literally sink."

"You wouldn't mind? I haven't exactly told them... you know, why I'm here. Who I'm here with."

"What did you tell them?" I ask, walking in the direction of the truck with Shawn latched onto my hand. Luckily, in the three hours that we'd wondered around the village market, we'd not been recognised. But we both acknowledged it was strange, to hold hands in public without worrying about anyone seeing.

"I actually told a very convincing lie that John Mayer had told me about how much Italy inspires him to write, and that he had an apartment I could stay in while I wrote for the album. They believed me." He clears his throat. "Well, everyone but Aaliyah. She wasn't convinced."

"She sounds cool. I think I'd probably like her."

"She is, way cooler than me. You'd definitely get along." He confirms.

"Doesn't take much to be cooler than you." I tease, looking up at him mischievously.

"I'd love to say something like 'says you' but I can't even argue. You're one of the coolest people I know." He states, nudging me with his shoulder.

"Really? All those celebrities you know and I'm one of the coolest, wow." I marvel.

"Yeah, well most of them seem cool, but really, they're not."

"True. And without stylists they'd all look terrible." I add.

"Me included. I mean, have you seen photos from before I got a stylist? I thought that a flannel and khakis were the coolest fits to exist. It's embarrassing."

"Please tell me you're joking. Say sike."" I laugh, picturing it in my head.

"No, seriously. When I was a part of magcon all I wore were khakis and either a flannel or a hoodie."

"I can get behind the hoodie, admittedly I own an entire wardrobe of them. But flannel and khakis, really?"

"Yup. So you'll have to sort me out if I ever regress back into wearing that." He laughs, opening the truck door for me.

"Oh, don't worry. I won't talk to you unless you're dressed to my standards." I laugh, brushing my hand against his as I climb in.