𝟧.𝟤

aurora versini
22/04/18
9:34pm
coachella valley, usa

"Let's go," Kal whispers. The muscle memory kicks in and I smile at the sound of his voice, just as I did for the three years we were together before this January. "Now."

I don't know if I want to leave. The truth is, I don't know what I want. My mind is a mess of possibilities and outcomes, actions and consequences. The only thing guiding me is impulse. And it's guiding me towards my first love, and not my latest.

I blink at his hand for a few seconds, wishing that it would both disappear and grab ahold of mine. I choose the latter, slipping my small palm inside of his larger one and allowing myself to walk away from Shawn.

I don't look back, my body won't let me. I only look at Kal, in disbelief of how he's actually in front of me, after all that time.

We walk in silence for a few paces, our hands entwined like old times. "You're bleeding." I point out, "Your lip and your nose."

"Is it bad?" He asks me, throwing me a lopsided grin, his bruised eye drooping slightly. I chuckle despite myself, standing on my tiptoes and wiping the blood off his face.

"Nope." I shake my head.

"Good. Can't have some randomer ruining this face." He jokes, puffing his chest. I laugh, feeling oddly disloyal to Shawn. "Who even was he, anyway?"

"Just a guy." I lie, not wanting to think about how he'd react if I told the truth. He's always been the jealous type.

"Just a guy, huh? Is he my competition?" I don't reply. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I know I don't have any competition, really."

I roll my eyes, squeezing his hand back. "Where are you taking me, huh?"

"Away from him. We're going on a walk, and I'm gonna tell you some things."

"Oh, really?" I challenge him, crossing my arms. "What like, huh?"

"I love you." He says suddenly. "Still. Nothing's changed."

"Oh."

"I know you won't say it back, even if you do feel the same." He chuckles, "You're too stubborn."

"And how do you know I feel the same?" I raise my eyebrows, stopping in my tracks.

"I just know. Of course you do." He shrugs, "You see, Rory. We're soulmates, you and I."

"If you believe in that sort of thing." I protest, but I'm sure the fact that I'm still holding his hand tells him I do. I'm just not sure who mine is.

"We need each other. How've you been doing without me?"

Better than ok, is the truth. Perfect. But I can't say that. "It's been weird."

"It's been more than weird for me, it's been hell." he confesses, "I can't live without you."

"But that was your choice." I point out, "I didn't ask you to leave. You left. You bought your plane ticket, you got on that plane and you left me to live without you."