𝟨.𝟢

welcome to part six!!aurora versini 08/05/181:18amnew york city, usa

aurora versini
08/05/18
1:18am
new york city, usa

"One, three, five," I pause, not remembering much else of Shawn's number as I attempt to dial from memory. I curse myself for deleting it in the heat of the moment, not knowing I'd need to remember it this urgently so I can tell him where I've gone. "Fuck. Five or two?"

"Are you ok, ma'am?" The driver asks, turning to me.

"Fine, thank you." I say, even though it's far from the truth. I resume my memory test, opting for a five.

"One, three, five, fuck fuck fuck!" I exclaim, slamming my phone down in anger. "Fuck it."

"We're here." The driver declares, leaving me with no option but to leave behind my attempts to remember Shawn's number.

I thank him and pay before stepping out, taking a deep breath. But as soon as I see her house, knowing the last time I was here was with Kal, I'm consumed with guilt.

I walk up the steps slowly, holding back my imminent tears as I knock on the door. Since it's one am, it takes her a little while to answer.

"Aurora?" Amirah gasps as she opens the door, the shock of seeing me at her door at one in the morning making her grab the door frame. "Are you ok? Aren't you supposed to be at the afterparty?"

I shake my head violently, the tears I'd managed to suppress for the car journey beginning to fall down my face. She looks at me in confusion for a moment before sweeping me inside, switching on the light.

"Holy shit. What's happened?" She asks, sitting me down on a dining chair and rubbing my shoulder gently. I can't reply, completely consumed with the guilt of seeing her.

A broken record of hate towards myself circles around my brain. Cheater.

"Is it something with Kal?" She asks, pulling a chair out next to me. "Talk to me, Aurora. I can only help if you talk."

"I- I just... I cheated on him." I sob, unable to look at her. I didn't want to see her reaction. "I slept with someone else."

"What?" She lets go of my hand, eyes wide. "When?"

"Like, an hour ago." I reply, my voice swallowed by my sobs.

"Shit, Aurora." She mumbles, staring at her hands. "I'd ask who with, but I think I know the answer."

I nod, placing my head in my hands. "I don't even know what to say."