𝟨.𝟥

a few days later

aurora versini
11/05/18
10:21am
washington dc, usa

aurora versini11/05/1810:21amwashington dc, usa

IMESSAGE WITH
shawn <3

shawn <3
hey guess what
i made you a playlist like you made me one
with all the songs that remind me of you so i can listen when i miss you
which is right now since you're not replying!!!

ror x
i was driving i'm sure you'd rather me not DIE
but that's so cute

shawn <3
yes i need you alive and well pls
it's on my spotify go and listen

ror x
what's it called
nvm found it
'i love u' wow mendes
10/10 for creativity

shawn <3
shut up and listen

ror x
i just parked up, i will later
i love u more btw x

I smile at my phone, tucking it in my pocket as I look up at the porch of my family's new home. It's breathtaking, and completely what I pictured my mom to buy. Several tall white pillars adorn the front, framing the huge door. I walk across the wide gravel path and up the marble steps, before I reach the door and knock twice.

As if waiting for me, my mother appears behind the door in an instant, opening the door herself and enveloping me in a hug before I can even say hello. Just the feeling of her arms wrapped around me takes me back to being a child again, before everything changed. I relax into her comforting embrace, inhaling the familiar scent of vanilla and honey. These new surroundings already feel like home, and I'm not even through the doors yet.

"I'm so glad you're here, sweetie." She whispers, kissing the top of my head like I'm a child again. "It's just us for now, Aria and Mateo are at school."

"School? Haven't heard that word in a while." I chuckle, allowing her to lead me into the foyer. It's similar to the house in the Hamptons, two large and winding marble staircases leading upstairs and classic decor. Just my mom's style, naturally. "It already looks pretty complete?"

"Yeah, we got most of it done in the past few weeks." She turns to me, opening the door. "Still stay for two weeks, won't you? I've missed you so much."

"Of course I'm staying, ma." I assure her. "Plus, I'm glad it's just us for now. We need a catch up, just between us."

"Ooh, that sounds important?" She widens her eyes as we take out seats on the couch, a coffee already laid out for me. I pick it up, wrapping my hands around it for warmth as I begin to relay the story of the past few months to my mother.