𝟨.𝟩

TWO WEEKS LATER

aurora versini
08/06/18
9:05am
new york city, usa

"Hey, Rora! You- holy shit..." Florence whispers, walking into my apartment. I can just hear her from the sofa, where I'm laid in Shawn's hoodie-yet again- surrounded by empty takeout boxes, half eaten tubs of ice cream and tissues. I'm the epitome of heartbroken, and I have been for the past two weeks.

It was the longest I'd had off work since, well, ever. Not only was I completely and utterly ridden with heartache, but I was coping with the joys of my first trimester- morning sickness. Except it was all day, every day.

"Who died in here?" Zahara adds sarcastically, following close behind. I hadn't seen them since the night I found out, as Zahara was in the middle of the press tour for her new movie, and Florence had been working on a modelling campaign in Mexico. So I'd spent these two weeks texting them sporadically, pretending to be fine.

But I've known them for five years, long enough for them to know I was lying. So as soon as they get back, they text me to let me know they're coming over, whether I like it or not. And here they are.

"Jesus, Aurora." They run over to me, crouching down to where I lay on the sofa, watching grey's anatomy and crying silently. "Did someone actually die?"

I shake my head, using the little strength I have to sit up, pulling them in for a hug.

"How long have you been like this?" Zahara asks, both of them slipping onto the sofa.

"Two weeks today." I mumble. "But I didn't want to stress you all out since you're working, so I thought I'd wait until you were back so I could tell you."

"Tell us what?" Florence encourages.

"Shawn dumped me." I state. After two weeks of wallowing, the words don't affect me as much as when I first spoke them. "He told me it's not worth loving me, that he can't do this anymore."

"What? Why would he say that?" Both their eyes go wide at the news.

"I promised something, and then I broke the promise. I let him down again." I explain.

"I'm so sorry, Rora." Zahara hugs me, allowing some more of my sadness to spill out.

"How come you're so sad though?" Florence questions me suddenly. "Like, you didn't even cry when you broke up with Kal, and you'd been with him three years. You've not even know Shawn for four months and you've spent two weeks crying over him."

"Because he's the love of her life, you idiot!" Zahara hits back. "That's why. She's allowed to wallow and wail."

"You know what we should do?" Florence claps her hands together enthusiastically. "We should have a girls night out, get completely wasted and find you someone to hook up with!"

"Great idea, Flo. She's totally gonna love that in the state she's in." Zahara retorts. "This is the most Un-Aurora sight I've ever seen."

She's right. I couldn't feel less like me if I tried. Not only have I never been heartbroken over a boy before, but I've never spent this long feeling sorry for myself, barely doing anything all day.