𝟧.𝟣

shawn mendes
24/04/18
11:32am
Los Angeles, USA

No matter how much I've wanted to sleep -even if just for a couple of hours - every time I close my eyes I see it. The two of them: Aurora and Kal.

I can't understand it. No matter how hard I try to rationalise the situation, to make sense of it, the idea just won't compute itself into my brain. Aurora, the same girl that I've spent two months falling in love with and thinking she was doing the same, has left me. Willingly, she walked away holding another man's hand right in front of my eyes.

I'm staring out my hotel window, the last few moments I spent in Aurora's presence replaying in my brain as I think about what I would've done differently. I wouldn't have punched Kal, to start with. But in the moment, that was the only solution to get him to stop. I mean, can you really blame me?

I wouldn't have said everything I said to Aurora, either. Some of it's true- if I'd never met her I wouldn't be this heartbroken, this numb. But I also would've missed out on two months of pure happiness and love, of figuring her out, the way her mind works.

And what a mind she has. She doesn't make sense, most of the time. That's probably why I'll never understand why she followed him, why she walked away from me with him. But the least I can do is try to understand.

IMESSAGE WITHzahara

IMESSAGE WITH
zahara

shawn
hey. is aurora with you?

zahara
she's not with you?

i thought after you left us
to find her that you'd fixed things.

did you not find her?

shawn
i found her, but
we didn't fix things

so you don't know where she is?

zahara
no clue

you don't know either?

shawn
i have a pretty good guess

can you and florence meet
me at my hotel? i need
someone to talk to

someone who's conscious,
brian is completely knocked out
with tiredness and drunkenness
so i haven't got much sense out of him

zahara
we'll be there as soon as possible

whatever happened, i'm sorry.