𝟦.𝟣

A FEW DAYS LATER

aurora versini
12/03/18
1:28pm
toronto, canada

"Ms. Versini?" A voice sounds out over the white noise of the studio, forcing me to look up from my phone. I look up, seeing the photographer staring at me expectantly. "Which of these photos do you prefer for the main image?"

She beckons me over, scattering freshly printed photos on the table. I glance at each of them, making a hasty decision and pointing to the first one that catches my eye. I've already been here for three hours, and there's so many places I'd rather be.

Like Italy, with Shawn. But since we got back, it's pretty clear that I won't be having a week that chilled out for a long time. My workload is huge with the new collection, and even though Shawn and I have been texting non-stop since we flew home, it's nowhere near the same as that week.

Still, I'm completely consumed with the excitement of seeing him again, after this shoot is over. I've spent half my time looking at the clock, and the other half pretending to be interested in whatever is going on in front of me. Either way, I just wanted it to be done so I could drive over to him.

I nod at the photographer and return to my seat, reaching for my phone. My hand hits the fabric of the chair, where I thought I left it. Instead, it's in the hand of my personal assistant.

"Why- why is Shawn's name saved like that in your phone?" Olivia stammers, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Uhm... why were you looking at my phone in the first place, Liv?"

"A notification popped up and I-" She pauses, thrusting my phone into my hand and smiling weakly. "Are you going to fire me?"

"I'm not gonna fire you, Liv. Don't be stupid." I laugh, gesturing for her to sit down next to me. "I guess you deserve an explanation."

"That would be nice." She joins in on my laughter, looking at the floor nervously.

"How do I even say this?" I say to myself, shifting uncomfortably in my seat and feeling incredibly guilty. "Shawn and I... well, we're a thing I guess. I mean, he's not my boyfriend." I am falling in love with him, though.

"So you're dating?" She raises her eyebrows.

"I guess so. I don't even know how it happened. One minute I'm designing his suit and the next minute we're in Italy together and I just-"

"Woah, hold on a second. When you went to Italy, you went with him?"

"I- yes." I hesitate, not meeting her eyes. "I know you like him. Which makes me a bad boss and an even worse friend. So I'm really sorry."

"I'm not mad, Aurora." I breathe a loud sigh of relief. "All I did was make him try on some clothes and chat to him about the gala. You went to Italy with him, for god's sake. It doesn't even compare."

"You promise you're not mad?"

"Mad? No. Jealous? Hell yes." We both laugh. "Seriously though, you seem happy. I thought it was just Italy, but now I know it's Italy and him. Just look after him. He's a nice guy, in the best way."