𝟦.𝟫

aurora versini
21/04/18
6:54am
Coachella Valley, USA

The 21st of April 2018. That date has been in the back of my mind since I left Shawn's apartment over a month ago, and I haven't seen him since. And now that date has finally arrived.

I'm the first out of all my friends to wake up, purely because of my excitement. I roll my eyes at the sight of them all, fast asleep on the numerous different beds of the hotel room. I tread carefully over our suitcases to my closet, picking out today's outfit with Shawn in mind. He loves yellow on me, so that's what I wear.

"Guys," I hiss, trying to wake them up. "Guys, wake up."

"What?" Zahara mumbles, rubbing her eyes. "Rora, it's 7am."

"Yeah, and?" I raise my eyebrows, pulling her out of bed. "We've still got to get to the festival, and you all need to get changed."

"Or, you just want to see Shaw-" I cut her off by gesturing wildly to my sister and cousin, who have no idea about him other than the conversation we had last month. I was planning on telling them on the journey to the festival, as well as giving them a warning about how they behave around him. "Fine, I'm getting up." She rolls her eyes, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed.

"And you, Flo." I say, grabbing the hand of my less-awake friend and pulling her up. "Brad is waiting for you."

"Brad?" She blinks, momentarily forgetting her boyfriend. A smile quickly creeps across her face as she remembers. "I've missed him."

"You saw him a week ago." I snap, regretting my tone. "I'm sorry. It's just-"

"I know, it's fine. A month is a lot longer." She says, placing a hand on my shoulder reassuringly as she steps past me. "I don't know how you've done it."

"Neither do I." I shrug, walking over to the bedroom Lydia and Aria are sleeping in. "Hey, sleepy-heads."

"You're such a freak for being a morning person." Aria grumbles, turning over and putting a pillow over her head.

"Who spent a whole month bargaining with mom to let you come?" I point out, dragging her out of bed. "And you, Lyds. Come on."

They wake up eventually, changing painfully slowly until we're ready to meet Brad and his friends in the lobby.

Florence squeals at the sight of him, and I feel a rush of excitement knowing that'll be Shawn and I in a matter of minutes. She runs up like a child and they wrap each other in a hug, squeezing tightly. They exchange a few words and then she beckons us over enthusiastically.

"Hey, guys." Brad smiles at us. "These are my friends, Mac and Jonah."

We greet his friends quickly, with Zahara nudging me in the side at the sight of both of them. "They're hot." She mumbles, eyeing them.

"Yeah." I reply, unimpressed. She looks at me suspiciously. "What?"

"Shawn has really got you 360 degree whipped, hasn't he?" She chuckles, turning to the boys with a smirk on her face. "I'm Zahara."

They both smirk back, looking her up and down with a lip bite each. I chuckle, she's always had that effect on boys. She lags behind to talk to them both, leaving me with Aria and Lydia.