𝟦.𝟧

a/n;
^^^i definitely picture amirah as jorja smith aka my fav person in the whole world sksksksksk

aurora versini
17/03/18
10:57am
new york city, usa

aurora versini17/03/1810:57amnew york city, usa

IMESSAGE WITH
amirah aioka

amirah
Hey!! I know we haven't spoken in a while, but I was wondering if you wanted to grab a coffee sometime this week? I've missed you <3 x

aurora
Hi, I'd love to meet up with you, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!! Sorry I took so long to reply, work has been crazy lately x

amirah
That's fine, I know how it is. I'm free tomorrow morning if you want to meet at the Starbucks on Fifth at 11am? x

aurora
Sounds perfect, see you then x

I anxiously read through our messages, waiting to see her appear in the doorway of the cafe. We never used to talk like that, so formal. Back when Kal and I were a couple, Amirah and I were like sisters. Even after we broke up, for a little while. Now, we're like strangers. I haven't spoken to her since her brother invited me to meet up with him on Brooklyn Bridge, and I turned him down.

Still, a different feeling accompanies my anxiety. A little fear, mixed with a lot of guilt for my fight with Shawn last night. He hadn't called, and I didn't want to make the first move and call him out of sheer stubbornness. So I waited all night and all morning for a call that never came.

As for Amirah, I didn't think she'd really want to see me after everything, since I presumed I shattered his heart into a billion pieces or something. Yet, she's here now.

I spot her ordering her drink, having been too hung up on thoughts of last night's fight to notice her walking through the door. You should never go to sleep on bad terms, my grandmother's words echo around my head as I check my phone for any missed calls. None.

I look up from my phone and she catches my eye, waving before paying for her drink and approaching me. I stand up to greet her, but before I can contemplate what mode of re-introduction I should opt for, she's wrapping me in a comforting hug. I didn't know it before, but it was just what I needed to get rid of the lingering feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"God, Aurora." She says, squeezing me tightly. "I've missed you a lot."

"I've missed you too, Mirah." I reply as we pull away.

"You look great, wow." She smiles, sitting opposite me. "Same drink, look at that!" We laugh, matching cappuccinos.

"It's my Sunday morning drink." I add. "So, how are you?"