𝟦.𝟥

aurora versini
13/03/18
12:52pm
jfk airport, new york city

"Are you alive?" Shawn chuckles down the phone, one of the first things I hear back on US soil. Since I flew straight from Italy to LA and then to Toronto, I haven't been back to NYC in two weeks. That also means I haven't seen my friends in two weeks, so we're planning to spend the whole day together.

"Yep, you haven't lost me just yet." I giggle, "Florence is driving me back from the airport, so there's still time."

"I'll let you go then, drive safe and have fun!" He says, "I'm gonna miss you!"

"I'm gonna miss you too!" I reply, ending the phone call and smiling to myself as I spot my luggage on the carousel. Once I've dragged my suitcase off and over to the exit, I spot my two best friends waving frantically in my direction. I wait until I'm a little closer, practically running towards them, before I leave my luggage and wrap them both in a huge hug.

"God, I've missed you two whores." I laugh, tightening my grip on their shoulders. I had, we'd barely spoken in two whole weeks, since I wanted to save all my stories until I finally saw them in person.

"We've missed you too!" Florence exclaims. "And we're gonna have the best day in the world!"

"And, you're gonna tell us everything, starting from now." Zahara encourages, leading us out of the airport. "Go on."

"I don't even know where to start. Like, it was all just incredible."

"Incredible how? Give us some more information."

"Ok, so on the first day we just spent it by the pool, and..." I trail off, remembering that day.

"Oh, fuck." he practically moaned, rolling his neck. I raised my eyebrows despite the fact he couldn't see me, moving my hands down to his back. "You're so good at this, Rora."

"Didn't know applying sunscreen was a talent." I giggled, resting my chin on his shoulder and brushing my lips against his ear.

I blush at the memory, my stomach doing a little flip. What I'd give to be back there, with him. A weak smile plays on my lips as I continue the story. "And then I cooked him dinner, this really nice pasta dish. He loved it."

"I bet he did." Florence says, directing us to the car. I get in the front seat, leaving Zahara scowling as she slides into the back.

"And after the meal?" Zahara wiggles her eyebrows suggestively.

"We did the washing up?" I say innocently, knowing that's not all.

I could only watch as Shawn sinks down my body, leaving passionate kisses along my stomach until he reached his favourite spot. "Been waiting to taste you again all day..." He rasped hoarsely, inches away from my heat. "Can't get enough of you."

"Mm, fuck," I mumbled, slightly rolling my hips into his face. I tugged lightly on his curls, encouraging him to begin exploring me, just the way I always love it.

Some things were just for the two of us, Shawn and I. I bite my lip at the thought, missing him unbearably despite the fact it's not even been 12 hours since I saw him last.

"You really like him, don't you?" Florence turns to me and asks as we drive out of the car park. I nod enthusiastically.

"I do." They both coo in response. "The next day was the best. That was when I realised he'd stopped being just a rebound, and just a friend."

"You look so good in my clothes." He rasped between the sloppy kisses he peppers all over my face. "So fucking good."

I smiled widely, switching our position so I was sat between his legs, my back rested against his stomach. He stretched his legs out and rested his head against the wall, wrapping his arms around my body. We sat in silence, just listening to the sound of each other's breaths and admiring the view. Wordlessly, he began to stroke my hair, the soft sensation giving me chills. I picked up my book and continued to read, resting the hand that didn't turn the pages on Shawn's arm.