Chapter 10: Land of the Rising Sun

The scenario happened before Philipp waked up and this was the continuation after Japan arrived at the doorstep.

"Japan?!?!"

"Where is Philipp?" Japan asked dragging his voice with a patient but firm tone. He was now looking at America, scrutinizing every being of the American. He respects him now after what happened between them at the past and it's good that they build up a friendship after the war even though they were each other's past nemesis.

America just stared at him with shock, maybe Japan was really unexpected to be here. He was far across the Pacific and would take half of the day to arrive. And yet here he is.

"When did Philippines call you?" America curiously asked not answering Japan's question.

"どれどれ (let's see), about three hours ago." The Japanese replied firmly with his fingers on his chin like a detective.

"Three hours ago... oh god, Philipp called you while-" 

"Philipp called me and told me that he was in your unit and that I would come over." Japan interrupted America's excuse, whatever that is.

"What's with Philipp and all of the invites?" America mumbled to himself but was loud enough for Japan to hear.

"え (Eh)?"

"Nevermind"

"Why is he in your unit, アメリカ (America)???" Japan questioned. Surely there was nothing between them, right?

"It's a long story... um... would you like to come inside? You're dripping wet." America invited the Japanese in which the other hesitantly goes in and walked passed by America who closes the door behind them.

 Japan nervously made his way to the living room with precise steps, then sudden terror dawned at him, draining all the scarlet on his face that even his red circle paled.

The faint smell of booze conquered his nose signifying that there was someone drinking or had been drinking. Spain was sleeping half-naked at one of the long sofas by which he assumed is wasted drunk. Russia was staring at him open-mouthed and confused while he was sitting on the opposite sofa. And his precious Philipp was now asleep on the sofa with Russia, red-faced.

Before Japan can ask one of his thousand questions America offered to get a towel and dried clothes for the Japanese, leaving the conversation hanging between him and Russia.

"Привет япония (Hi, Japan)" Russia casually greets the Japanese across the room

"Evening, Russia. I haven't seen you in a while." Japan politely answered back.

"Yeah, glad to see you again. It's really been awhile. Looks like you're doing good these last few years."

"Well, discipline was a huge part of me."

"Mn."

"So... can I ask what happened here?" Japan think that was a good way to start.