Chapter 13: Phone call

"Martial Law is calling."

At that immediate time, at the immediate second, everything freezes, and as the cricket background ascended, Spain, America, and Japan's faces morphed into horror.

Philipp's phone rang two more times in the process of deciding whether or not to answer it because both choices will end up to the same conclusion: he'll get scolded for not answering the phone on the first ring.

"Answer it," Russia stated which gave the shock to the other three countries.

"Shut up, blockhead! This is Martial Law we're talking about. He barks and bites!! And his bites are 'ripping off your limbs' kind of bite!" America shrieked at Russia.

"So what?" Russia started with the content on his voice, seemingly not afraid but rather amused at the situation.

With a gulp stuck on his throat, Philipp decided what is best for all.

.

.

.

.

.

Answer in a loudspeaker.

"Good morning Kuya Martial, sorry hindi ko kaagad nasa-"

"Sino kasama mo?" Martial Law's, aka Philipp's brother, answered in a booming voice through the speaker.

Certainly, the other countries didn't understand a thing, maybe except Spain who's color drained away on his face.

"Kuya naman eh, nasira tuloy ang umaga ko." Philippines uttered with frustration.

"Sagutin mo ang tanong ko. Sino ang kasama mo dyan?" Martial demanded an answer.

"Basta si.. ano.. basta! Wala akong kasama!" Philipp pouted.

"What are they saying?" America whispered to Spain, who is all drained because of fear but luckily still standing on his feet.

"Umm... all I can say is that Philipp is covering that we're with him right now and Martial is demanding an answer," Spain whispered back.