Filler chapter: Does he?

This is the history of Martial and America during the American colonialization

Tw: War, injury, character death, implied smut, traitors, implied rape, drinking, drugs, holocaust... practically SPG.

*additional facts in the comments

... August 1898 ...
Spanish-American War. Philippines declared from the Spanish Empire but doubts were raised when the American troops didn't allow Filipinos to enter Intramuros, the center of Manila.
...

Does Martial hate America?

The answer is yes.

"This is our chance to fight back!!! We can drive out the American troops while they are still few in numbers! We have a chance to fight back!" Martial cried out in persuasion.

A cabinet meeting is being held in Bulacan while the Spanish-American war is coming to an end. The higher-ups deliberated if America should be trusted or not and most of them thinks that America has good intentions. Few oppose this leading Martial to argue with Philipines.

"Tatay (father aka Katipunan) already talked with America. America's enemy is the Spanish Empire, and America helped Cuba to drive off the Spanish Empire." Philippines argued back.

"If America's enemy is the Spanish Empire and his son, Spain, then why won't he negotiate with us? Why won't he let us enter Intramuros?" Martial barked back.

"I want peace over our lands! I care about our people and declaring war with a possible ally isn't the way!! Let us wait till they finished the Treaty of Paris and let us help-" Philippines was about to finish when Martial interjected.

"Do we have a delegate in Paris? Do we have someone to witness the Treaty? We are treated like slaves in our own land!!! We don't even know what will happen to us if that Treaty is signed!" Martial convinces more with a sharp bite.

"I've been with America in Hong Kong and he is willing to help us drive out the Spanish Empire! Let's give him a chance to give us freedom." Philippines pushes more, not wanting to back down on the debate.

"Don't trust the sweet words that American!! Para kang birhen na naniniwala sa pag-ibig nang isang puta!!! (You act like a virgin who believes in the love of a whore!!!) America will do anything just to have you in his possession! Im just protecting you!" Martial shrieked at his brother.
Philipp winced yet he didn't let it known.

"I don't need your protection! Im not as fragile as you think I am! I have my right to have opinions and control my own decision!" Philippines defended back.

"But you are my brother and father told me to protect you and I will not forgive myself if anything happens to you!"

Martial and Philippines glared eye to eye in such intensity the whole room went heavy. The tick of the clocks and the heavy breathing were the only sounds that you can hear in the room. You can even hear a pin drop in the midst of the silence.

"This meeting is done. Tatay will be the one to decide on our next step. Whether or not we make peace or war will depend on him. Dismissed." Philippines growled, never breaking eye contact with Martial.

They looked away when the officers bid them farewell and began to clean up the stack of papers on the desk.

After everyone left, Martial sighed in the harsh movements Philipp is doing while packing up his office things.