Chapter 34: Internet Famous

TW: Racist stereotyping,
homophobic statement
Insensitive commentary
Please read with caution

Paco is Mexico's chihuahua.

It loves to laze around. It finds satisfaction in sleeping. A big eater and continuously begs for food.
Food is its life goal and it's hungry... again.

Paco was awoken by the sound of screaming, hours before dawn. It whined to the point he irritated his owner's sleep. Turns out that their guests have a fight.

Paco rushed to the kitchen where Mexico was finishing up breakfast.

"Hey, Paco! C'mere boy" Mexico kneeled down when he saw his scampering mutt on the kitchen.

Paco barked enthusiastically and scrambled over to Mexico's arms. His owner picked him up and hugged him close.

"Everything seems bad right now, Paco..." Mexico mumbled.

It's not unusual for Mexico to talk to his pet. If he was being honest, the dog is the only one who knew all of his secrets.

"Things turned bad now that the media is involved... Indo just discovered it and he informed the others outside. I checked my phone and they said that Im..." the Mexican trailed off as he gulped.

Paco just barked once as if it understood what his master is saying. Mexico continued.

"Once the media knew what really happened, it will create more hate between countries. People, cities, and states will get involve in insensitive commentaries and such... Some people are just hateful towards others if they are different... its scary, Paco."

Paco just wags his tail happily and starts to yap around. The dog seems to still have a smiling face.

"Well, at least one of us is still happy." Mexico pats and pampers his dog for a short while before putting it down.

Mexico then turned around and decided to make his second cup of coffee for the morning. The face is sulking and droopy.

Paco didn't bother his owner after that, sensing a negative aura around Mexico. Paco just ran off as if nothing happened out of the ordinary.

The dog began to sniff around outside of the rooms, door by door. He scratches the door to see if any doorknob was loose, enough for him to open and get in.

Luckily, he found one. It was slightly opened when Mexico checked on Philipp that morning and place a glass of water in the bedside table.

That said, Philipp was still asleep, and as many dogs do...
It decided to wake Philipp up by jumping on the bed and disturb him in his sleep.

Paco immediately climbed up the bed and began to bark into Philipp's face followed by jumping up and down and licking the Filipino's face.

"Urgh... Paco.... putang ina... gawin kitang hotdog eh (bitch... I'll turn you to hotdog)...." Philipp mumbled who is now fully aware that Mexico's dog woke him up.

Philipp grudgingly sat up and pampered Paco just to make it stop being hyper... borderline annoying. Philipp reached for his phone to look at the time.

It was 7:34 am as Philipp read the time on his cellphone screen.
But it was not only the time that caught his attention... his lock screen display is full of notifications for calls, texts, emails, and mentions in his social media accounts.