Chapter 21: Friends

Spain and Japan were buying food and drinks for the group in a fast-food across the venue, comfortable with each other's presence but with a bit of awkwardness since neither of them has the guts to start a conversation.

While waiting for their take-out order, Japan was playing with his phone while Spain was constantly watching his wristwatch while impatiently tapping his shoes.

America was not with them for a while now as he excused himself out. Malaysia and Indonesia are currently at the merchandise corner with most of the crowd and they will meet them. Philippines was still not back.

Spain looked at the Japanese beside him who was enthralled with his game. Spain and Japan have an on-off 'friendship' since their parent's time but they never really established anything deep besides tourism and trade.

And Spain was honestly haunted by the fact that the Japanese had two deep scars on his body and horrifying at the very sight.

"You know staring is rude, right?" Japan mumbled to Spain without taking his eyes off the screen.

"Just thinking some things, Japan," The Spaniard said while maintaining his composure, not really bothered being caught.

"About what?" Japan asked, still tapping his phone.

"About you, actually" Spain voiced out without thinking.

Japan then paused his game and looked at Spain with curiosity. Spain was not really bothered yet he stills wished he didn't say anything.

"About... Me?" Japan was questioning Spain with a weird look.

"I just... Well..." Spain didn't really want to talk about the scars so he looks for another topic.

"You and Philipp. I wasn't around him the time you conquered him, so I was just curious... Um, how are you both holding off recently after all... that?" Spain sputtered out the awkward question and thankfully the Japanese didn't mind as he looks back to his screen and resumed playing, sighing in relief.

"I and Philipp are great! Of course, Philippines is very different and he really intrigues me... even more, when Otto-san (Japanese Empire) kept him under his rule. But we're at peace and I want it to stay that way. He loves anime which is an expertise of mine." Japan grins.

Spain just smiles and continued to wait until their order was ready to be picked up.

.

.

.

.

.

As soon as they entered the crowded venue again, they stopped with jaw dropped seeing a wrathful Russia being led away by SK's staff, sharing and growling at them like a predator.

"Leave me the fuck alone, you dipshits!!! You lil' shits don't know anything, like the fuckers you are!! Fucking let me go back to the room!!" The Russian barked at the staff and although they are shivering with fear they nonetheless still unwavering to lead him out of the venue, all eyes on them.

"What is happening here?" Spain suddenly questioned loudly at the staff members.

Russia snaps his head to Spain and Japan's direction and with a swift move, he sprints towards the duo, catching the staff off guard. Japan then looked at Russia with fearful eyes, questioning why Russia looks so devastated and worried. The Russian still towers over the two but he hunched down.