Chapter 28: Internship

As much as Mei didn't want to leave Izuku and the others the day sadly came to return to school, not only was she leaving them but she would only be able to see them on weekends due to UA becoming a boarding school due to the increasing amount of villain attacks on the students and teachers. She packed up her stuff and said her goodbyes before heading out to UA, when she arrived at the school the first thing she saw was the dorm buildings and how big and well built they all were compared to her warehouse that needed constant repairs mostly due to her habit of exploding all the time. "Hey Mei over here." She looked over and saw Jack, Izumi and Nora waving to her, "Oh hey guys." She put on a weak smile and greeted her friends, "So hows the baby, your belly is getting bigger." Nora nearly pounced on the girl as she got close to her belly, "Nora please don't you know by now she dosen't like that." Izumi grabbed Nora and dragged her away from Mei, "But really how are you doing Hatsume." Jack asked with concern, "I'm fine Jack just a little bit of morning sickness and swollen breasts." The two girls looked at her boobs with jelousy as jack seemed uneffected, "You know that dosen't do anything for me but they are nice." She stopped playing with her breasts when she noticed the her teacher powerloader was approaching them, the four straightened up and greeted their teacher, "Good Morning teacher." He looked at all of them before focusing on Mei, "I need to speak to Mei alone please." The three didn't argue with her teacher so they said goodbye to her and there teacher before leaving, "What is it powerloader sensei, did i do something wrong?"

"No you did nothing wrong, see it's time for interms and i have chosen one for you, i know it's not a place for a teacher to choose his students internship's but i feel this company is best for your abilities." She thought about all the differn't hero support companies he could have possibly got her a internship with, "Who do i get?" She had to to know the excitement was killing her, "Glad you asked, i partnered you with Detnerat one of the newest and fasted growing hero support company in the all of Japan." She was thrilled with choice but not for school reasons, she knew if the Meta army was serious about coming after her then this would be perfect to get information on there movements, "I love it thank you powerloader sensei." "I hoped you would now put your stuff in your assigned dorm room and meet me back out her in 20 minutes, the sheet on the front will tell you your room number and floor." She grabbed her stuff and walked to her dorm building (She's pregnant you don't run when your pregnant) at all most super sonic speed, lucky for her her room was on the second floor next to the elevator saving her some time, she threw her stuff in her room but before leaving she attached a hidden blade on her arm knowing things can get bad at anytime. She managed get back to her teacher with one minute to spare but barely able to speak she was out of breath, "Good timing." Her teacher said as a limo rolled up infront of Mei and the door opened, "get in." A strange voice said as she slowly got into the car followed by Powerloader.

After a short drive they arrived at the Detnerat main building where they would meet the big guy who runs the place waiting outside, the limo stopped and Mei and her teacher exited the limo where they were greeted by the boss and his guards, "Hello Miss Hatsume it's an honor to meet you, my name is Rikiya Yotsubashi the CEO of the company." The two shook hands as she inspected him and his guards carefully, "It's nice to meet you i can't wait to get started." Her remark made him smile, "That's what i like to hear, come and i'll show you around the building." She walked with him up the steps to the entrance but stopped when she noticed Powerloader wasn't following them in, "Are you coming in with me sensei?" She asked, "I'm afraid i have important papers to grade so i'll see you tomorrow for class." He walked away waving goodbye, she was a little sadden to see him leave but she knew he had important things to attend to so she entered the building, looking around at the inside reminded her of a bank more than an office building which threw her off a bit but she remained focused on what's important, getting info on this guy and the Meta Liberation Army. He took her everywhere in the building from the sales department to legal department to manufacturing and finally her favorite the workshop, "This will mainly where you'll be Hatsume, this is where the best take in the requests of heroes and make them equipment from armor to vehicles." She was practically nerding out over all the tools and building materials that surrounded her it was like a dream come true, she was about to run to the closest workbench and start designing but before she could a hand was raised infront of her, "Before you get all worky worky crazy you need sign some papers so please follow me."

She annoyingly got in the elevator with Yotsubashi and leaned against the wall as the boss hit the button going to the top floor, as they waited Mei decided to try to make small talk to pass the time, "So how do you know Powerloader sensei." Her sudden question suprised him since she has been so quite the whole tour, "Oh um he's just a friend of mine from when i was kid, i've known him for years and watched him become a great hero and now a great teacher." They returned to akward silence until Yotsubashi's turn to ask a question, "So are you pregnant?" Mei's draw dropped i mean who just ask someone if they were pregnant it's so rude

"you need to calm down Mei."

"But who does that, what if i wasn't pregnant and just fat."

"But you were pregnant"

"Yes but it's still not nice."

"Guys this is getting us no where so lets just skip to the talk at his office."

Mei sat nervously infront of the CEO of the company hoping her yelling at him didn't make him change his mind about taking her on this internship, as of right now he was sitting down in his big comfy chair going over a file containing information on her, "Well this certainly is impressive for a highschooler, your inventions are so incredible that pro heroes even use them while training there students here even powerloader gave me some to look at." He reached under his desk and pulled out her the wire arrow she used during the sports festival and the high density weights the heroes used during midterm testing, "These two are impressive." He leaned in close as he reached down under his desk again, "But this one is my favorite." He said as he put the invention on his desk, for amount she didn't move as she stared at the invention that wasn't hers but Izuku's, "I'm not sure what you would call it but it definitely looks like a bear trap helmet." He played with it a little as her mind raced, "Where did you get that?" She asked, "Well not from powerloader of course, after the police recovered Stains body they found this attached to it and through my sources i was able to get a hold of it and study it and you know what i noticed?" He got up and walk around his desk and leaned in close to her ear, "There all made from the same material from the same place." He backed off and smirked, "These metals came from a warehouse that used to transport all types of metal but the company eventually went out of business and abandoned everything. Now those metals just sit there waiting to be used, by you Jigsaw." He went over to a mini fridge he had and pulled out a beer bringing it back to his desk, he removed the cap only using his one finger but before he could drink it Mei asked him a question, "So what are you gonna do you now that you know?."

"Oh I'm not gonna do anything to you." He said while took a sip leaving confused, "Then what do you want?" She asked hoping to clear everything up, "Nothing really big just want to say it's an honor to meet you after all this time, it's incredible to find out that the Jigsaw killer is actually just a pregnant highschooler." He took more sips from his beer and put his feet up on his desk, "Wait, so your not going to kill me?" He looked at her funny and thought around for clarity until it hit him about what she was talking about, "Oh i know what your talking about the whole Curious thing, don't worry about her or us we won't harm you in fact we support you." She noticed the he had said the word meaning more than one person knew about her, "Who else knows i'm Jigsaw?" "Only me and Curious right now but you have nothing to fear i promise, now can you please just sign these papers please where it says signature here and you'll be good to go crazy inventing stuff." He slid the papers infront of her and handed her a pen, she looked down at the papers and began to read the liability waver saying they are not responsible for any injuries or case of death that might accure, she signed it but with less enthusiasm than she did before this, "Good now here's a list of some heroes that need some new equipment, go down to the workshop and their you'll be assigned a work bench." She took the list and headed to the elevator while looking over the heroes she had to work with but she was stopped, "Wait." She turned around and to her suprise he was right behind her with his hand reached out, "Welcome to Detnerat."