27 - Heaven and back

(Thanks for almost 4k reads! Really didn't expect that!)

Cw: hard drug abuse

Crystal
Hey is this number still active
18:45

Crystal
Hey
19:39

Dee💊
Yo.
19:41

Dee💊
You need something
19:42

Crystal
Yeah I need something heavy
19:45

Dee💊
How heavy are we talking? You know I got every bit of every kind.
19:45

Crystal
Hardest stuff you got.
19:46

Dee💊
That would be Heroin
19:46

Crystal
200 bucks if you deliver to my house and bring syringes
19:47

Dee💊
Deal. I'll be there in 20
19:48

I walked up and down the hallway panically and checked my phone every few seconds. Dee was already five minutes late and I was afraid that he did get busted. He was almost always on time.
Then the bell rang.

I quickly opened the door and let the man who looked like a pizza delivery guy in and closed the door behind him.

"200 bucks" He said and fished up a baggy with light powder and a set of syringes. "That was the deal." I opened my wallet and gave him two $100 bills. "I gotta go but take care of yourself Crystal." Dee pulled me in a short hug before he left.

I didn't know his real name and we also didn't talk very often but we met a few times and he was one of the few people I really trusted. He kept my secret and I kept his.

I went into the living room where I had already layed out the rest of the supplies I needed, such as a spoon, a lighter, a belt and a little cotton.

All I could think about now was getting high and numb as quick as possible, there was no time and no space in my head for rational thoughts.

I never did something like this. I never did heroin but I knew enough people who used it.

I sat down and opened the baggy. Then I placed a little bit of the white powder on the spoon and held it up with one hand while I activated the lighter.

It was calming to watch the flame and how the powder slowly started to melt. When everything was melted into a clear fluid I took the belt from table and wrapped it around my arm. All I had to do was tightening it and I could already see some veins appear on my arm. I took a little bit of cotton and layed it into the fluid heroin on the spoon. Then I made sure that the syringe was completely empty and started to take up some of the heroin from the spoon. I lifted up the syringe and knocked against it a few times with my finger just to make sure there was no air in it.

What follow now was the heaviest part of it all. I searched for a good visible vain and hit the vain with the needle. For a moment I didn't dare to move. Just for a second my conscious came back to tell me that this wasn't a good idea at all.

I injected the fluid and shot the Diamorphine right into my vein.

In a matter of seconds I felt calm, relaxed, tired and oblivious all at the same time.
The feeling wasn't comparable to drunkenness caused by alcohol or the high caused by weed. This was a totally different experience.

I was feeling a distinct heaviness throughout my body. That heaviness resembled a fatigue in which it was difficult to keep my eyes open. It was a comfort with whatever was going on around me: a blissful oblivion.

I could hardly keep my eyes open. I don't remember much but just as I was about to zone out I could hear my phone ring. I was so high that it took me years to pick up the phone although it layed right next to me.

"Yeah, hi who's there." I could feel the eyes roll at the back of my head.
"It's Clinton. Is everything okay Crystal?" I didn't know what he wanted from me at all.
"Is everything okay Crystal?" He repeated.
"Okay." I didn't get that what I was saying didn't make any sense.
"You forgot your keycards, again." He said.
"No. I got into the house. Keycards" I had such a hard time talking it was surreal.
"Okay then maybe these are your backups... Crystal are you high?" It wasn't particularly long until Clinton figured out what was going on.
"What? High?" I mumbled.
"Stay where you are Crystal." Clinton sounded very worirngly.
"No, no ,no. Clinton stay home. No." I held my head with one hand.
"No Crystal." He hung up.

I wanted to be upset but I was too high to be upset. I was euphoric, I felt like I was living in the sky. Eventually I zoned out.