chapter seventeen; surprising everyone

{ m i l l e t t  }

                "Have fun on your date. I have to return to mine sadly." I said to Joanna as I left the hotel room. I felt bad for having my date wait for me in the boardwalk but I had to help Joanna. I quickly texted him that I was returning to continue our date at some local bakery.

I was breaking a major promise to Joanna but I felt bad if I said no to him and I liked him a bit in a way. I hope everything turns out okay with us. I wanted to make sure he was a good guy before ever introducing him to Joanna.

I was mentally praying that everything turns out well with Audie and her too. I had a feeling the fag is up to something but I'll wait for her to tell me what occurs during their date. I approached the boardwalk and looked for the tiny bakery where he was sitting by the window waiting for me.

He turned around and smiled at me and I felt a bit of butterflies in my stomach. I walked into the bakery and sat down in front of him.

"You still look amazing Millett," He smiled at me and I rolled my eyes.

"You too Thiago."

{ maria p.o.v }

        I dont know how she couldnt believe me at all about what Audie has been doing behind her back. I felt awful to be the one to tell her but I couldnt blame her. If I was told my boyfriend was cheating on me I wouldnt want to believe it either.

David decided to take Neymar to a soccer field close by where Neymar let his anger out. I decided to stay here to wait for what Sabrina ends up saying to Audie's proposal. I laid down on my bed desperatly waiting to hear what is going on.

I couldnt bear the idea of my best friend marrying a jerk like Audie after all the pain he caused her and in fact is still cheating on her with girls. I didnt want to accept the fact a part of me knew she probably is going to end up saying yes to marrying him.

It's obvious that she should marry someone she cares about. Audie was basically a rebound to Sabrina just like Bruna is to Neymar.

He was just there when she had no one and what was she going to do with a pervert like him chasing after her right when she got out of a relationship with Neymar. I know and everyone but her knows that she still cares about Neymar and it be the right idea to get back with him.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and i was getting a call from my brother.

"What do you want Thiago?" I asked into the phone.

"I dont know what to say." He quickly answered me back and I sat up.

"What do you mean?" I asked him a bit confused.

"I'm still on a date with Millett. I really do like her but I dont know what to say without seeming like an idiot. She is at the bathroom luckily so I called you to ask."

"Well, ask her about what she does for a living and crap like that. Ask her about how her home is her family. Maybe offer her a mall tour around here and it'll get you somewhere at least." I told him.

"Thank you and I'll call you back later." He hung up on me and I went back to laying down on my bed once again. I heard the doorbell and sighed knowing I would have to get up now.

        { sabrina }

"Would you marry me?"

I stood there in shock as Audie was on one knee holding a beautiful diamond ring. I dont know what to even say to him and couldnt even process what he just asked me.

I felt tears start forming in my eyes and I could barely almost speak. I looked at Audie and the conversations and memories I had with him flashed through my head quickly. The good ones and the bad ones were all just coming to me.

I felt a tear drop as I managed to answer his question in tears.

"N-no. I cant." I chocked out and he stood up and pulled me into him.

"Isnt this what you want?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"I cant get married." I said shaking my head in tears.

"Why cant you? Dont you want to be together? We can finally start a family together. Move back to America and get our own place. We can be together happy. I love you Joanna. " He told me and at the moment I swear I finally figuered it all out.

"Of course I want that but if I do it has to be the right person." I said and he looked at me confused.

"Dont you love me?" He said a bit angrily. I looked at him with tears while shaking me head sadly at him.

"I cant love someone who treats me badly. I thought I loved you but I realized youre still the same guy who you were when we dated when I was 15. You were never ready to settle down and if you are. Do with someone you love because if you really loved me you wouldnt have cheated while I was gone." I said and he looked at me a bit shocked but he knew that I was right.

I picked up my purse and started to speed walk away. I had to go only to one place and it was to my best friends house.

        ( thirty minutes later )

I wiped my face a bit as I rung the doorbell to Maria's house. I felt horrible but I had to tell her. She has to be the first one to know. I realized one thing the minute Audie proposed to me and I needed to tell someone as soon as possible.

The door swung open and Maria looked a bit surpsied to see me. She quickly pulled me into her arms and I hug her back. We walked into the living room where I sat down beside her.

"What happened?" she asked me.

"Audie proposed." i told her and she looked at me waiting for my answer.

"Did you say yes?" She asked and I shook my head and she seemed surprised I told him that I wouldnt marry him,

"Why did you say no? I thought you loved him?" She questioned me.

"When I saw him down on one knee with that ring in his hand only one thing ran through my mind. I knew he didnt really care abotu me and i didnt care about him that much either. He talked about wanting to move in together and start a family back in America and I do want that. Just not with him. I realized only one thing in the matter of two seconds." I told her and she gave me a look to continue.

"What did you realize?" She asked me and I sighed.

"I realized that I wasnt in love with him. I knew at the moment that I was still in love with Neymar."

        authors note; ohhhhhhhhhhh. what you guys think? next update is probably thursday - saturday. and the first person to guess right who millett was going out with was the user 61006oe back in chapter 15 when I asked. you guys think millett and thiago be good???  i have a lot planned and i decided this book end chapters 20 - 30. Around there maybe. I dont know i have to see.

comment and vote love you guys,