chapter twenty eight

note :: probably the last update for a while since I start school on Monday again and I probably won't have that much time anymore.

• Jace • (surprise?)

I had to find her soon and fast. I needed to apologize for the mistakes that caused her damage. I know she would spend her time by here. It's been such a long time since I saw her and not a day passed by since I thought about what we had.

I haven't been in a relationship ever since I left her a long time ago. This was the second reason I came to brazil. I wanted to meet her once again and see where things may possibly take us.

[ f l a s h b a c k ]

"Fine Jace but be back by midnight." I got my father to let me out and I ran out of the hotel room downstairs.

I didn't even want to come to Brazil in the first place since it was only going to be my father and me. Joanna got lucky and got to go to Florida with our mom.

My phone started ringing and I quickly answered to my cousin.

"Did he let you out?" He asked immediately.

"Yeah, I'm on my way to your place. Is it packed already?" I asked.

"No, I don't throw huge parties. It's more like a hangout with a couple close friend of mine. Around 15 people." He informed me.

"Okay, I'll be there soon." I hung up my phone and called the closest cab. I gave the address and i texted my sister.

Me; tell me why you got to go with mom again.

Joanna; cause I came here to look at a university :-) not vacation.

Me; ugh you're still lucky.

Joanna; I know man, it's one of the quirks of being Joanna Montero.

I rolled my eyes at her before shoving my phone in my pocket. At least my cousin Dylan was here. He grew up here and moved to America with his parents before coming back with me this time.

"We're here." The cab driver said and I handed him the money and i made my way to the back of the house. The gate was open so I just went straight in.

"JACE!" Dylan called out to me and I spotted him in the pool. I gave him a nod before taking my shirt off and sitting at the edge by him and next to some girl.

"Hi." I said to her and she turned smiling at me.

"Hey." She smiled lightly and I slowly examined her features.

She had the lightest brown eyes I have seen on someone with long brown curls that ran halfway down her back.

She was gorgeous.

"Jace, this is one of my old child friend Flo. Flo this is my cousin jace." He introduced us.

"Nice to meet you." She simply said smiling lightly at me.

"Nice to meet you too." I replied back.

"You two get to know each other while I go get something."

That's how it all started.

[ flashback over ]

I walked in circles a thousand times hoping to bump into her once.

I gave up and decided to go talk to Joanna. Knowing her, she is probably at the hospital with Maria. I decided to talk a walk there since it wasn't that far from where I was.