Chapter Fourteen

"Yah!" I fell forward and landed on my stomach. "Ow!" My face hit the hard floor, and I groaned in pain.

"Margie!" Stanley shouted.

I tried lifting my head, but I somehow was unable to. There was something pressing against the back of my head. It felt...warm.

"Margaret! Get off her!" I heard Mr. Hawk exclaim.

Why am I not surprised that it was Margaret who tackled me?

"No," she refused. "Not until she knows how I feel."

How she feels? Girl, you are already accomplishing that by acting crazy around me.

Whatever it was that was on the back of my head - I found out later that it was Margaret's hand - removed itself, and I raised my head and quickly scrambled to my feet.

Stanley helped me up. "Are you alright, Margie?" he asked. "She did not break any of your bones - did she?"

I rubbed my forehead. "I do not believe so. I just have a headache now."

"That is probably because of the severe impact."

I then gave my nose a rub. "My gosh. I think...I think that she broke my nose!"

"I did not!" Margaret shouted. She was being held back by Mr. Hawk. "What a crybaby."

"My face hit the floor really head," I continued to tell my boyfriend, ignoring her. "I would not be surprised if my nose was broken."

"Does it hurt?" Stanley said.

"Very. It hurts like the dickens."

Margaret tilted her head to the side and had on a creepy smile. "Aw. You want your nose to be broken?"

"Margaret, you need to be quiet until you are in your room," Mr. Hawk said sternly.

"I will give you a broken nose!"

She managed to jerk one of her arms away from Mr. Hawk, and before I could make a defensive move...she punched me in my face.

I cried out bloody murder and covered my face with both of my hands.

Well, I definitely had a broken nose now.