Chapter Thirty-Five

The focus was no longer on the couple and instead on Margaret. Though, Margaret did not seem embarrassed.

"Who dares interrupt my wedding?" Katrina demanded an answer.

"I do! But this has nothing to do with you!"

Afraid that she would get into more trouble, I grabbed her wrist and tugged on it, attempting to pull her away from the crowd, but she stood her ground.

"Margaret," I said. "That man sitting in the chair cannot be her. He is a boy and well, old."

She jerked away from me and said, "I am not talking about him!" She pointed. "I am talking about her!"

Near Katrina was a woman whom I guessed was in her thirties. She had pale skin and was a bit chubby. Her hair was short and dark brown, and she wore a yellow sweater over a dark blue shirt. The woman also was wearing jeans and sneakers.

The woman was rocking a pink stroller back and forth, and you can probably guess what was in it.

Yes. A baby. A baby girl.

The baby had tiny, dark hairs on top of her head and was wearing a white, short-sleeved dress and matching socks. She was cooing.

I did not blame the woman - at first - for being scared of Margaret as she picked the baby girl up and brought her close to her chest.

"I-I have no clue what you are talking about," the woman stammered. We found out later that her first name was Nicole. Her last name was unknown.

"Do not play dumb with me!" Margaret said. "I remember exactly what my child looks like! I saw her with my own eyes when she was born!"

Nicole's whole body shuddered. "Please. Somebody. Take that girl away. She is threatening me."

But before anyone could lay a finger on her, Margaret put her finger and thumb in her mouth and whistled.

As if on cue, the new monsters that I met back at the theater invaded the room. Mary, Martin, Ironic, Shim, Shimmer, BullBot, Len, Ethel, Edith, and Doris.

"Margaret! Here!" Doris said as she tossed Margaret her bow and arrow.

"Aha!" Margaret caught it and aimed it at Nicole. "Now, you are coming with me. Or else. I will have no choice but to kill you."