𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ↢ one ↣ ᴄᴀᴍɪʟᴀ ᴄᴀʙᴇʟʟᴏ

IMAGINE: You're a detective who is assigned to a murder case that involves bartender, Lauren Jauregui who just so happens to have a best friend by the name of Camila Cabello.

PAIRING: G!p or Girl You x Camila Cabello

• • •

October 24th 1997

It was a cool evening in Chicago when I stepped into the booming bar on the outskirts of town. The bar was named The Fireplace. I could care less about the name as it isn't important, but the owner of the establishment being murdered... now that was important.

I was a Detective investigating the case and ever since being assigned the case, I was focused on hunting down the killer and hauling them inside a jail cell myself. For the past few days I had been looking into previous suspects, going over their statements, double-checking their stories were without fault. Tonight I was here to question Lauren Jauregui. Despite her already being questioned three times, there were plenty of holes in her story. I hoped with a fourth interview she would help fill them in.

The raven-haired woman stood behind the bar, all smiles, even as customers tried to dampen her mood with their drunk attitudes. Emerald hazel looked down at each face as she poured them their drink. Friendly, I thought.

"Laur, I can't believe he cheated on me." Complained a brunette with her head resting against the tan skin of her palm, elbow supported by the wooden bar.

"Camz, we all knew it was going to happen, he had a history with his ex." Lauren sighed, making the girl another cocktail. A Midori Splice, I assumed by the distinct shade of green. "The best you can do now, is to drink so much that you forget him."

"I hate men." The brunette groaned, taking a large sip of her green beverage.

"Amen." Lauren agreed with a laugh before setting her eyes on me. "Hi there." She greeted as she acknowledged my presence, wiping a puddle of something off of the bar with the rag she held in her hand. "What can I get you?"

"I'll have a whiskey, thank you." I answered with a smile, reaching into my caramel coat for my wallet. Even though I wasn't actually going to drink, I thought maybe ordering something would make me seem mundane like any other person in the bar.

"Whiskey, coming right up." Lauren said to me before walking off to find the whiskey.

"I like your coat." Complimented the drunk brunette that was previously chatting with Lauren. In response, I turned my head, letting the girl reach to touch the long fabric.

"Thank you." I said.

"Your jawline is making me sexually confused." The woman whispered before widening her big russet eyes, using a hand to cover her mouth in realisation. I chuckled in genuine humour at the girl and stuck out my hand.

"I'm Y/n." I introduced, waiting for the tanned girl's response.

"Here's your whiskey." The bartender returned, cutting our conversation before I could learn the girl's name.

Damn.

"How much?" I asked, reaching into the wallet I held in my hands.

"2.30." She answered. "Is there anything else I can get you?" She asked as she took the money from my hand.

"Actually, you can." I said. "I was hoping I could speak to you."

"Me?" She asked. "Why?"

I then placed my wallet back into my pocket and swapped it for my badge. I flashed it towards her and her green irises visibly widened.

"I-I-I already spoke to the police." She said in response, her arms were now crossed, looking as if she tried to give herself warmth.

From trauma, I pondered in my head.

"Yes, I know. But I've just been assigned to the case and would like to clarify a few things with you." I said, slipping my badge back into my pocket.

"Like what?"

"Is there someplace we could discuss this? Somewhere more private?" I then asked, deciding not to answer as the information is quite confidential and I didn't want the wrong person to catch wind of what I needed to know.

Lauren gulped in response.

"Follow me."

• • •

This was kinda trash. Not much Camila/You time😐

*shrug*