𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 ↢ two ↣ ʟᴀᴜʀᴇɴ ᴊᴀᴜʀᴇɢᴜɪ

After my performance, I headed backstage where I was met with countless praises about my performance. I thanked each and everyone who had complimented me before readying myself to head back to my seat when suddenly I was stopped by someone I wasn't expecting to speak to tonight.

"Y/n," That familiar and delicate voice purrs to me.

"Lauren," I say to the voice, immediately knowing it was her even before I gazed down into her beautiful green eyes.

Silence overtook us, but it felt natural. We didn't need words to express how we felt in this moment because we already knew.

Lauren engulfed me into her embrace and I can't help but reciprocate, resting my forehead against hers.

"I know that I said to be patient with me, but you don't have to be anymore," I said which causes Lauren to pull away, a pained expression.

"Wait wh-"

"I love you," I cut in before she could say anymore, reaching up to cup her face in my hands. "And I'm ready to be with you. I want everybody to know how much I love you and I want to show you off like you should be shown off. You're beautiful, Lauren. I want them all to see that."

A tear suddenly falls from Lauren's green eyes and I swipe it away with my thumb.

"Thank god," Lauren said with a slight laugh that causes me to smile. "Because otherwise this would be awkward."

A hand of Lauren's trails down to her stomach and I look down and furrow my eyebrows in confusion before staring back up at Lauren, my eyebrows raising when I realised what she was insinuating.

"You're pregnant?" I ask, shocked beyond belief. Lauren instantly nodded, her eyes watering up with happy tears.

Explains the mood swings... I wanted to say.

"12 weeks today."

"Oh my god," I blurted, wiping away tears that had fell from my face. I then reached for Lauren's stomach, resting my hands softly against the fabric of her dress. "We're gonna have a baby."

Lauren's hands then shifted to rest upon mine that were still placed on her stomach.

"How patient are you going to be with this one?"

Lauren and I shared a smile, gazing lovingly into each other's eyes as our hands held onto Lauren's stomach.

"You being impatient is what got that little one here in the first place."

"Hey!" I scolded with a laugh. "It takes two to tango."

"Mm, and tango we did." Lauren murmured, leaning to place a sensual kiss on my lips. I pulled her back in and we made out for a few minutes before we heard more awards were to be announced.

"Hey," I stopped Lauren just before we parted ways to go back to our assigned seats. "I'll see you after, yeah?"

Lauren smiled and pecked my lips one last time.

"Of course." Lauren answered. "I can't wait to go tango some more." Lauren winked, biting her lip as she edged teasingly closer to me.

I laughed, not being able to stop myself before the next words came from my mouth.

"Be patient."

-+-+-

4 Years Later

"Alden honey, be careful!" I hear Lauren's voice call out over the sizzle of the barbecue. Lauren, along with her family and friends, were sat at the table, drinks in hand as they conversed about anything and everything. I, on the other hand, was on barbecue duty, surrounded by friends and some of Lauren's family.

It was the 4th of July weekend and we had managed to get the whole family together for a little get together. I looked from the barbecue for a split second, smiling when I saw my son laughing along with his cousins as they played. I then looked to Lauren who was staring at me as if she knew what I was thinking. Our son.

"So Y/n," A manly voice cleared their throat beside me. "Don't you think it's about time you marry my daughter?"

I let off a laugh, clearly humoured. Truth was, Lauren and I had been engaged for over a year now but neither of us had rushed to plan a wedding. We'd been busy with Alden and our careers. Her father, Mike, and I have had this ongoing banter between us where he asks me when the wedding is and I never tell him.

"Your guess is as good as mine." I joked, chuckling quieter this time.

"Oh come on, Y/n. You asked for my blessing the day Alden was born and you didn't even propose to Lauren right away. You waited 5 months after that!"

"I was waiting for the right moment." I shrugged with a smile. "Christmas seemed good to me."

Mike then helped me flip over some of the meat before hounding me again. It wasn't annoying though. It was like our own weird way of bonding.

"Seriously though, have you two even talked about a wedding?"

"Of course we have," I laughed. "Your daughter is adamant on having our son be the ring bearer."

Mike scoffs in humour.

"That boy is as clumsy as a butterfly without wings." Mike laughed which caused me to laugh. "Please tell me you don't agree with her."

"I said he would better at being the flower boy. That way, him making a mess is acceptable for once."

We shared another laugh.

"Should I be worried that you two are getting along?" Lauren asked. I took my attention off of the barbecue to look at her. Mike and I laugh again.

"Nothing to worry about, babe." I lean in to give Lauren a kiss.

"I was about to take over for Y/n on the barbecue,"

"Oh, you don't have to do that," I tried to wave off Mike but he insisted. I caved and gave him my apron and spatula.

Lauren grabbed my hand, curling her fingers with mine. We walked a few steps away, looking to the kids playing. Our son Alden waved at us. We waved back and watched him go back to running around.

"We made that." I said, causing Lauren to laugh.

"Yep."

"And all it took was some patience." I leaned in to savour a kiss with Lauren, pulling away to say, "And a lot of unprotected sex."

Lauren pushed me away, shaking her head with a smile.

-+-+-

Aw, a little family moment ☺️

I loved writing this. It was nice to write some fluffy stuff 😌

 It was nice to write some fluffy stuff 😌