𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 ↣ ᴄʜᴀʀʟɪᴇ ᴘᴜᴛʜ

SUMMARY: Charlie is basically a bad boy behind closed doors and if your Mother knew, she'd keep him so far from you.

PAIRING: Female reader x Charlie Puth.

⤿ ✶ ⤾

"He's such a nice boy, so well-mannered," My mother said, complimenting my boyfriend who was in the living room with my Father. "Definitely an improvement from the last one you brought around."

"Mum!" I scolded as she finished up washing the dishes we used for dinner.

"What? It's true." She shrugged. "That Samuel-Sawyer boy was bad news."

"You mean Shawn?"

"Yes, that's the one." My Mother said, raising her hands in realisation. "I knew he was a troublemaker from the first time I laid eyes on him."

"That was in Kindergarten!"

"Well... even from then I knew he was a bad influence on you." My Mother said, further defending her point. "And when he took you to Prom last year-

"He wore skinny jeans and a leather jacket." I finished off for my mother, rolling my eyes in hope they would get stuck so I wouldn't have to abhor this torture at My Mother's hand.

"Exactly!" My Mother exclaimed. "Can't believe you let him defile you."

With yet another roll of my eyes, they curiously peeked into the next room where I saw Charlie laughing. I immediately smiled, watching on as his eyes met mine with a wink of his, which caused me to blush. I was so enamoured with the presence of my boyfriend, I almost didn't hear my phone blurt out its usual text tone of an auto-tuned version of Kylie Jenner's 'Rise and Shine'.

It was a message from Shawn.

Skinny Jeans👖:
yo, we're out front.

"I've got to go." I said while typing out a reply to send back to Shawn.

"Already?"

"Yeah," I said, locking my phone and putting it into my pocket as I stood. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said as I leant over to give my mother a kiss on the cheek. I then walked into the lounge room to let Charlie know it was time to leave.

"It was so nice meeting you all." Charlie said with his large grin on display. I smiled in response and leaned in to peck him on the cheek before we left my parents house.

"Ugh," I groaned, taking off the ugly cartigan I wore and throwing it into a nearby bush.

"Aw, I kinda thought you looked cute in that thing."

I gasped, running towards Shawn who was hanging out of his van. I hugged him, then hit him in the gut for the comment he made.

"Ow, you know I was only kidding." He groaned, holding his lower abdomen in pain.

Behind us, a throat was cleared.

I turned, seeing Charlie standing there with his usual stoic expression.

If you didn't catch it already, Charlie and I actually aren't dating but were pretending for my parents benefit.

In truth, Charlie and I are just friends with benefits.

"Let's go." He spoke without any hint of emotion as he slid past me and into the van.

I pulled away from Shawn with a wry smile and followed Charlie inside the van, taking a seat next to him.

I eyed Charlie, watching as he pays my presence no mind as he looks out the window of the van. I look away, focusing more on Shawn who was singing to his mixtape of old school music. I smiled, taking one last longing glance at Charlie before I did something that I knew would surely get his attention.

I wrapped my body around him.

In response, he turned to me with a slight smile before leaning in to kiss me. We then shared a laugh, knowing we shared the exact same thought.

If my mother only knew all the things that we do...

⤿ ✶ ⤾