family

"Okay. I wish I had your healing powers.", Iris said coming out of medical. They all went back to the DEO to help get Iris some medical attention. She was wearing a wrap around her leg now to heal better. Kara & Mon slightly laughed to themselves as she walked out.

"You took down the Hellgrammite with no help from me.", Kara pointed out. "Yeah, well, you were a little busy.", Iris said and Kara slightly smiled at her. And then there was a silence and Mon knew he should go do something else to leave the two bestfriends alone so he went and looked over some charts with Alex. Iris looked at Kara with sympathy in her eyes.

"I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now. I mean, after all this time, finding out you still have family.", Iris said. "Hey..You're my family.", Kara said and Iris slightly scoffed. "You have Alex and you barley know me.", Iris said. "Yeah, I have Alex but you are like a second sister. And it feels like I've known you and Barry forever..", Kara said as they walked up to everyone else with stern expressions. "My aunt..We have to stop her. I have to be ready for her next time.", Kara said before looking at Hank and Alex.

"Show me how to fight. Train me to be as good as you.", Kara said to Alex. "I'll make you even better.", Alex said with a smile. "On Krypton, I remember Aunt Astra and my mother always arguing. Like sisters do. And when I asked my mother why they could never get along, she said that it was because Astra didn't have faith in people.", Kara said. "Well we have faith in you.", Barry said, making Kara look at him. "We all do.", Iris said before gesturing Kara to follow her, so as Iris walked away, Kara followed her.

"What are you doing? You need to rest.", Kara said as they walked down a hallway. "There's something that I need to show you. Something I've been working on...Your cousin has a base, it's a fortress, I guess, in the Arctic. Now, we don't know much about it, but we do know it's a place that he's been able to commune with his Kryptonian ancestors.", Iris said as they approached a room. "How? They're all gone.", Kara said. "They're no longer alive, yes.", Iris said before looking at the key pad and back at Kara. "The door will only open for you.", Iris said before Kara looked at the key pad and hovered her hand over it, it Scanning her hand print. The door opened and standing in the middle of the room was Alura as a hologram.

"Mom.", Kara said, tearing up. "Hello, Kara.", the hologram of Alura said. "Wait I don't understand.", Kara said, looking at Iris. "There was a message that Alex found in your pod, it was part of an interactive artificial intelligence program..or something like that..but it's from a living memory. It's not really her but you can still talk to her and see her.", Iris said. "I have been programmed to offer you assistance here on Earth.", Alura said. "Thank you, Iris.", Kara said, with tears in her eyes. "I'll let you two talk.", Iris said before walking out of the room. "I'm not quite sure what to ask.", Kara said. "Whatever it is you wish you could ask Alura, you may ask me.", Alura said. "I'd ask for a hug.", Kara said with her voice breaking. "I am not programmed to do that.", Alura said and Kara deeply inhaled, holding back the pain. "Then tell me about my Aunt Astra.", Kara said.

"Director Henshaw & Alex, thank you for helping me set up that room.", Iris said. "It's the least I can do for Supergirl.", Hank said and Iris & Alex gave him a look. "I won't tell her you called her that.", Alex said. "I'd appreciate it.", Hank said as he turned the corner and as he did, his eyes glowed red but then turned back normal.

-

Kara later on came out of the room and found herself almost bumping into Barry. "Oh, I'm sorry Barry.", Kara said softly. "It's fine, Supergirl.", Barry said. "You heading out?", he asked. "Yeah.", She said slightly awkward but it was a good awkward. "Oh, yeah, me too.", He said as he started to walk away and Kara stood there, staring at him. "I Uh..I just wanna say thank you.", She said, kinda loud, making him immediately turn and look at her. "Uh, why?", He asked. "..Supergirl, I don't know if you can hear me. But you need to listen to me. If your opponent is too hard to fight, use their strength against them.", Kara said, quoting Barry from earlier, sending a grin across Barry's face. "You..heard me.", Barry said, surprised. "I heard you.", She said quietly. "And..you got me through that fight.", She continued as she slowly walked up to him. "I did?", He asked. "Yeah. Recently, your words of encouragement have helped me through most of my fights and I really appreciate it.", Kara said and Barry smiled even more. "And you. I really appreciate you.", Kara said, making Barry's face drop and right then and there, did they both realize how close their faces were. Kara quickly cleared her throat and took out her phone.

"Oh..damn..", she said. "What?", He asked. "..is the blur still available?", Kara asked. "Of course...why?", Barry asked. "..Kara Danvers needs that interview.", Kara said.

Snapper got in his car, annoyed and on the phone with James. "Uh, Mr.Olsen, I know that Cat made you in charge and all but I am in charge of the reading selections and I really need that interview with Supergirl and The Blur or I will fire Ms. Danvers.", Snapper said and then a little bump came on the road. "Eyes on the road!", He yelled at his driver. "Actually, there's no need, your interview has already started.", James said on the phone. "What?", Snapper asked. "Look out your window.", James said before hanging up. Snapper looked out and he was up in the air, in his car, and he was definitely confused as hell.

"What the fuc-", he started to ask but then it sounded like he landed so he carefully opened his door and there he saw Supergirl, floating in the air and The Blur, in a red type suit, standing there, crossing his arms. "Hello, Mr. Snapper.", Kara said. "We heard you wanted to talk.", Barry said.