flashbacks

"Oh nothing. Just been working.", Kara told Barry. "Oh come on, I've only been gone for 9 months. There has gotta be something.", Barry said, not convinced. "Nope. Nothing. Just my daily, normal life. Like me. Normal.", Kara said. "Oh Kara Danvers, you are not normal. You are way, way more than that.",Barry said with a smile. Before Kara could even say anything, there was a explosion. "Woah, what the-", Barry said and he looked over at Kara to find her gone. "Kara?" Then he looked up in the sky to see a woman flying in a red cape. "Superman?", He asked to himself. "No. It's Supergirl!", someone said behind him. "...what?", Barry said quietly.

Barry saw her ache in pain and for some reason, he thought he recognized her. He bent down to try to help her but he saw Vortex leap down so she pushed Barry out of the way. "Get out of here!", Kara yelled.

"Rao.", she muttered. "Hey. I..He was from before..", Barry said. Kara ran off with her speed. Barry turned around to find her gone again. "Kara? Kara?!", Barry exclaimed. He looked back at the car again and ran after him with his speed. As he ran, he saw a shadow flying about him. He looked up and saw Supergirl.

Kara landed on her feet by the car to help whoever was trying to get out and was surprised to see Barry. "Uh..B- sir? Are you okay?", Kara exclaimed. Barry looked up at Supergirl. "He's-He's getting away.", Barry said. Kara looked at Voltrax.

"Hi Barry, I'm Supergirl.", Kara said with her hand out. Barry took it and started shaking it quickly. "Hi- um- I'm Barry. You- You saved me- sort of.", Barry said. "Yes. I did.", Kara said before walking back over to the table.

Kara nodded then looked at Barry. "Be careful.", Barry said, with worry in his tone. He had only met Supergirl a few times but he felt like he knew her, and he was worrying about her like he worried about Kara when they almost got hit by that car. She smiled at him. "I will.", She said before walking out of the DEO.

"She's not strong enough.", Hank told Alex. "Yes She is.", Barry said. J'onn glared at him. "Don't interfere with something you don't know about. Know your place.", Hank said. "I know my place, and she is strong enough. You're not giving her a chance.", Barry said.

"It's not working. I can't do it!", Kara yelled, scared she was gonna die. "Supergirl, Yes you can. It's why you were sent here. I believe that now, you have to believe it too.", Barry said into comms and it was weird. Kara suddenly had a urge of confidence, hearing Barry's voice helping her. She knew she could do anything now. So she tried harder and harder and the axe got hotter and hotter, Voltrax started to yell. Then the axe exploded, sending him flying. "Yes!", Barry exclaimed, giving Iris a high five.

When Kara arrived back at the DEO, everyone was cheering and happy she did it. Then Barry approached her. "I knew you could do it.", Barry said as they started to walk together up the stairs to have a private conversation. "Thank you, Bar- uh, I mean, Mr. Allen.", Kara said. "It's okay. You can call me, Barry. O-Or if you like to call people by their last names, that's cool too. Allen is cool-", Barry rambled, and Kara laughed a little. "I think I'm just gonna stick with Barry.", Kara said, and he nervously smiled. "Okay, okay. Cool.", Barry said. "Also. You didn't have to offended me with the Director. I could've handled him myself.", Kara said. "I know but he didn't believe you could do anything and I knew you could. I would do it in a heartbeat.", Barry said. "..but you don't really know me..", Kara said. "I feel like I do.", Barry said, and she looked at him. He was staring into her blue eyes and he had sworn he's seen them before, he just didn't know where. "Well..thank you anyway.", Kara said, before kissing his cheek, making him get slightly flustered.