iris' secret

Lord Technologies

Barry approached a back door with a security code attached to it. "Iris, I thought you said you were gonna be helping me?", Barry asked in comms and Iris scoffed.

"You think I can hack? How long have you known me?", Iris asked and Barry rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. How we doing, Mike?", Barry asked then seen Mon was next to Iris, typing away. "Actually, my name is Mon-El. I'm an alien from Daxom.", Mon said and Iris elbowed him. "What? I thought since he knew about Kara, he should at least know about me!", Mon exclaimed. "Wait, what?", Barry asked. "The alarms are disabled. But I'm just gonna need a little bit more time with this lock, bud.", Mon said. "You're sure about the alarms?", Barry asked. "Yeah, of course, I'm sure. Why?", Mon asked before Barry knocked the security code off of the wall.

"No reason.", Barry said before he opened the door and walked in. He turned the corner to see a hallway full of lasers.

"We may have a problem here.", Barry muttered. "Aw. You can't kick lasers, can you?", Iris said. "Come on, Guys. Help me out here.", Barry said. "Okay, okay. Only 'cause you asked so politely.", Iris said and then a few seconds later, the lasers deactivated and Barry slightly smiled.

"Got to say, I'm pretty impressed.", Barry said and Iris smiled to herself.

"Why thank you.", she said and Mon gave her a look.

"You aren't even doing anything.", he said and she scoffed. "I'm...watching.", she said before Mon went back to typing on the computer as Barry passed a certain room.

"Wait, wait. Hold on, wait. Hold there.", Mon said and Iris looked at the screen. "That's interesting.", Iris said. "What's interesting?", Barry asked. "Well, all the other locks in Max's facility use a keypad system, but this one's a bio-diagnostic.", Iris said. "What...Can you hack that?", Barry asked. "No, no. That's, like, kind of the whole point. It's better than a fingerprint, a voiceprint, a retinal scan-", Iris said but someone knocked Barry out and there was silent feedback on Iris & Mon's end. "Barry?", Iris asked. "Barry, are you still there?", Mon asked.

The next thing Barry remembered was it being dark then he saw the light. He thought maybe he had died and gone to heaven but then he saw Maxwell Lord and some of his men so he knew it couldn't be true. "I don't know who you are sneaking around my building. I was expecting that little assistant of Cat's or Even Kara Danvers, Or maybe Jimmy Olsen. But you. You're a stranger.", Max said. "I'm that little assistant's brother.", Barry said. "Hm. My security system isn't state of the art, it is the art. Who helped you get past it? Hmm?", Max asked. "Well, it's like you said, I'm a stranger.", Barry said. "Fine. Let's do this another way.", Max said before he punched Barry, right in the jaw, and when Barry looked back at Max, some blood was dripping down his mouth.

"You know, you're...You're real tough hiding behind your muscle. Why don't you be a man and admit what you're really up to here, Max?", Barry asked. "You think insulting my ego is going to get me to spill like some Bond villain? That won't work on me. But I do like your idea of settling this like men.", Max said before he punched Barry again, and again, and again.

And again.

"Human, alien, super.", Max said as he grabbed a hammer. "If you go up against me, you will lose.", Max continued before destroying Iris' camera that was on a table but Barry gasped, thinking he was going to hit him with the hammer. "Next time...I won't stop with the camera."

CatCo

Iris walked in Cat's office, slightly angered that she threatened Kara's job. "May I speak with you, Ms. Grant?", Iris asked. "Oh, well, that depends. Make Kara show me her cape.", Cat said and Iris sighed.