project cadmus

DEO
Investigation Room

Alex was sitting in a chair, wired up to a lie detector as Lucy and Harper sat down in front of her. "You were Director Henshaw's right hand. I find it hard to believe that he kept you in the dark. Or that you'd allow yourself to be kept in the dark.", Harper said.

"Turn it on. Ask your questions. I've got nothing to hide, Colonel.", Alex said.

"We'll see about that.", Harper said.

"Is your name Alexandra Danvers?", Lucy asked.

"Alex. Yes.", Alex said.

Barry & Kara were a couple inches behind Winn as they watched the screen but still couldn't hear anything. "Winn. I have to hear what's going on in that room.", Kara said and Winn sharply inhaled.

"Can you disable the sound-dampening tech they're running?", Barry asked but then Winn stood up, with the ear piece in hand.

"I can't disable it. I won't. Colonel Harper and Major Lane have a job to do. And frankly, Kara, I suggest you let them do it.", Winn said before leaving. But then Kara & Barry noticed Winn left the ear piece behind. On purpose. Barry quickly put it on and Kara stood really close to him so that she could use her hearing on it.

"Did you know that Hank Henshaw was being impersonated by an alien criminal when you were recruited?", Harper asked.

"He is not a criminal.", Alex said.

"Answer the question, Agent Danvers.", Harper said.

"I did not know that Hank was being impersonated by an alien refugee when I was being recruited to the DEO. The man who recruited me, the man that I believed to be Hank Henshaw, he saved my life. Hank Henshaw or J'onn J'onzz, or whatever you wanna call him gave me a home. A purpose. I served him with honor, and I'm proud of that. You're the ones who should be ashamed of yourselves.", Alex said.

"Well, that's all very heartwarming, but it still doesn't answer the million-dollar question. Did you know that Hank Henshaw was an alien?", Harper asked.

"No.", Alex said sternly and the machine beeped, showing that she was telling the truth.

"Well, congratulations, Agent Danvers. The only thing you're guilty of is being duped by the very creature you were meant to be hunting. Which makes you a terrible agent. But lucky for you, not a criminal.", Harper said as Alex took the wires off of her but then Lucy gave her a look and she knew.

"Wait. She's lying. He told you he tried to rescue your father. He told you he's protecting you. He made you believe he was the father you lost. And now you're under arrest.", Lucy said.

Barry & Kara looked at eachother in fear. "Go.", Barry said and then Kara started to run towards them as they walked out, Alex in cuffs.

"Hey! What the hell is going on? You can't do this. Where is she going?", Kara asked.

"Same place I'm taking your little green friend. Project Cadmus.", Harper said.

"Cadmus? What is Project Cadmus?", Kara asked but they walked away. "What is Project Cadmus?", Kara asked again but more sternly.