livewire

Everyone at Kara's place sat down with the food of thanksgiving on the table the next night. Adam right next to Kara, Mon right across from them and Eliza & Alex sitting across from each other. But Kara was somewhere else. Her mind kept going somewhere else. To Barry. She kept twiddling with her fingers and remembering when Barry intertwined his fingers with hers at Cat's party.

Barry was sitting at the table at Joe's, about to feast on the thanksgiving dinner but he too was somewhere else. He kept thinking about Kara. His hand was leaning against his cheek, where Kara touched when he woke up from his coma.

"Kara?"
"Barry?"

Barry looked up and saw Iris, looking kinda worried. "Are you okay?", Iris asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm good.", Kara told Adam. "Good.", Adam said with a slight smile as he squeezed her hand, and she forced a smile.

"I'm..fine.", Barry said slightly. Joe nor Iris didn't say anything because Joe invited someone for dinner. Eddie. Barry just forced a smile.

"So, before we eat, I thought it would be nice if we went around and shared what we were grateful for..or any other feelings that we might want to share with family and friends, soo let's share.", Kara said before smiling. No one was saying anything, just staring at eachother. "OOkay, I'll go first. Um, I'm grateful for everyone here. The guy who's slowly becoming one of my bestfriends in the entire world, my sister who's always had my back, the woman who always treated me like a daughter, and.. my boyfriend.", Kara said, and Adam looked at her weird. She said nice things about everyone else but him and he was confused on why.

"Thank you, sweetie.", Eliza said and Kara smiled at her. "Alex, do you wanna go next?", Eliza asked. "Nope.", Alex said and there was a long silence. "I'll go.", Adam said and Kara looked at him, ready to listen.

Barry rubbed his fingers against the back of his phone and then he decided he couldn't take it anymore. "I'll be right back.", Barry said as he got up. "Bar, we're having a Thanksgiving dinner.", Joe said. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna make a call.", Barry said before glancing at Iris and she smiled at him. He went outside and sat on the porch before calling Kara.

"Well, I-", Adam started to say but then Kara's phone started to ring. "Sorry guys, I'll turn it off-", Kara started to say as she grabbed her phone but saw it was from Barry. She just stared at it, seeing his name on her phone, making her as happy as ever.

"It's...Barry.", Kara said softly before getting up. "Sorry, Sorry, I'll make this quick.", Kara said as she ran to her room. "Uh..Thanksgiving call? That's..nice.", Adam muttered. "It is, isn't?", Mon said. "And you are?", Adam asked. "Mike. Kara's co-worker, friend oh and Barry's friend.", Mon said, trying to be petty. "Barry, huh?", Adam asked. "Yeah. I really think Barry calling was very thoughtful.", Mom said as he had a sip of some alcohol. "Mike!", Alex exclaimed. "What?", Mon asked.

"..Barry..hi..", Kara said when she answered the phone. "Hi Kara.", Barry softly said. "So..are you okay?", Kara asked. "I'm..fine.", Barry said. "..well we haven't talked in two days..", Kara said. "Well, you're boyfriend came back, didn't think you'd need me.", Barry said and Kara was stammering. "Sorry..I didn't mean it like that..", Barry said. "No, I deserve it. I deserve a lot of things..like getting ignored by you.", Kara said. "No you don't. You're a good person, it wasn't your fault that Adam came back.", Barry said and Kara sighed. "I've missed your voice.", Kara said softly. "I've missed your voice too, Kara.", Barry said.

"So..how was your day?", Barry asked. "Well, Supergirl helped put Leslie Willis into a coma, but other than that there have been nothing serious, Supergirl related.", Kara said. "Kara..I didn't call for SG. I would've called Alex for SG. I'm calling Kara.", Barry said and Kara bit down on her lip. "Well..foster mom and Alex are fighting, like always, Mon is here because well..", Kara started to say. "Iris.", they both said and then they chuckled. "And then there's-", Kara started to say. "Adam?", Barry asked. "Yeah. Adam.", Kara said.

"I hope I can see you soon. I miss you.", Kara said. "I miss you too.", Barry said with a smile. "Happy Thanksgiving, Barry."

Kara hung up and walked out of her room and was smiling. Adam looked up and saw Kara smiling so hard and he's never seen her smile that big around him before. Something's changed with her, and he knew it had something to do with Barry. So he got up and walked out of the apartment. "Adam? Adam, where are you going?", Kara asked and Mon raised an eyebrow. "Now that the clueless human is out, Eliza, you're a scientist?", Mon asked. "Mon-El!", Kara exclaimed. "What? It was a question!", Mon exclaimed but Kara pointed at the door, meaning Adam. "Oh that. He can clearly see something is going on between you and Barry.", Mon said. "But there's nothing going on!", Kara exclaimed. "Okay you can lie to yourself and everyone else but not to me, hun. So..anyway..", Mon said, before looking back at Eliza. Kara started to walk towards the door.

"Kara. Just let him cool off.", Alex said and Kara sighed in defeat. "Fine.", Kara said. "A scientist is a general term, dear. Alex is in the same field.", Eliza explained. "So..a scientist..", Mon said. "No, dear-", Eliza started to say. "Eliza, Mon is a new alien. He doesn't understand most stuff here yet.", Kara said. "Ohh.", Eliza said. "There's something I have to tell you.", Alex said. "Okay. Is everything alright?", Eliza asked. "When I was at Stanford, I was doing research in genetic engineering. Then I was recruited by the government.", Alex said. "I'm not sure I follow.", Eliza said. "I'm not just a doctor. I'm an agent for an organization called the DEO.", Alex said and Eliza was taken back, knowing exactly what the DEO was. "We monitor alien life on Earth. I work with Kara. It's literally my job, to look after her.", Alex explained slightly quick since Eliza looked mad.

"You know, I would be happy to carve this turkey.", Mon said as Eliza stood up. "Are you out of your mind?!", Eliza yelled. "Here we go.", Kara muttered as she sat next to Mon.

"Who wants these green type beans?", Mon asked. "Uh- How could you do this Alexandria?!", Eliza yelled. "Oh no.", Kara softly said.

"What?", Mon whispered. "She called her 'Alexandria'. This is gonna get ugly.", Kara whispered back. "Do what? Devote everything to protect Kara? Maybe because that's what you've told me to do since I was 14!", Alex exclaimed. "You've been lying to me!", Eliza yelled. "That's what you got? So Kara is the hero but I'm in trouble? That's...perfect.", Alex said, sarcastically. "What about your father? You think he would be proud of this?!", Eliza exclaimed and Alex got up in anger. "I will never win with you.", she said before walking out of Kara's apartment and slamming the door.

"You know, drinking my sorrows away sounds good right about now.", Mon said as he got up, as did Kara. "Hey.", he said softly and she looked at him. "Thanks.", he said, with a slight smile. "Sorry.", she slightly said. "It's okay.", Mon said before walking out of her apartment. Kara deeply inhaled then looked at Eliza.

"I don't understand why you would react like that...she said you got mad because of my decision but it's not her fault that I became Supergirl. It was my choice.", Kara said sternly and Eliza was going to say something but then Kara's phone beeped. She looked at it and sighed, annoyed.

"Ms. Grant has an emergency. I have to go.", Kara said before walking out of the apartment.

Kara got to CatCo and walked into Cat's office. "Ms. Grant, I'm not your assistant anymore.", Kara said. "Last minute conference call to London & Beijing and nothing's working. Not my phone. Not my backup phone. Not my computer. Nada.", Cat said as Kara annoyingly walked over to her computer to mess with it. "Everything died after I sent you that text.", Cat said as Kara continued to mess with Cat's computer. "Maybe it's a sign you shouldn't work on Thanksgiving, especially when a certain son of yours is in town.", Kara said. "Oh, I know he's in town, he just wanted to spend time with you..over his own mother..", Cat said, crossing her arms. "Clearly not because he bailed on me too.", Kara said. "What?", Cat asked. "I think we might need Mike or James' help.", Kara said. "Sorry. What's a 'Mike'?", Cat asked and Kara slowly looked at her. "He's..the IT guy.", Kara said slowly but Cat was still confused.

"Gobble. Gobble."

They both looked at the TVs behind them and saw Leslie but with white crazed hair and black eyes. "Leslie?", Kara asked slightly. "No. Leslie Willis is dead. D-E-A-D. Dead. She died in that CatCopter of yours. This is Leslie 2.0. Livewire.", she and Kara was taken back, surprised she was out of the coma. "And you and I, we're gonna have words."