j'onn as kara

Krypton

Kara was freaking out, she couldn't comprehend how she was on Krypton. "This can't be happening. I have to get out of here.", Kara said before she tried to fly but nothing happened. "Kara, please calm down.", Alura said. "I don't have my powers. Whatever's behind this is mimicking the effects of Krypton's sun.", Kara said. "We are on Krypton.", Alura said. "What? No, someone is manipulating me by using my memories against me.", Kara said before she saw a small sculpture on a small table. She slowly started to walk towards it.

"Do you see that? I made it for my father when I was eight.", Kara said before she started to chuckle. "I even remember getting upset I couldn't get the wings right.", she continued. "And then he told you it was perfect. And that he loved it, and you, with all his heart.", Alura said as Kara faced her mother. "He made me feel so proud. And so happy. Like he always did.", Kara said. "See? You do remember.", Alura said but Kara still knew it was wrong. "But I also remember saying goodbye to you on that launch bay. And promising to take care of Clark- Kal-El. And hugging you so tight. Never wanting to let go. I've fantasized about all of this every day since I left. I don't know how this is happening, but I'm going to find out. And when I do, I'm going home.", Kara said.

CatCo

Iris, Mon & James all exited the elevator, after coming back from the DEO. "It just feels wrong pretending everything is fine when Kara's back there fighting for her life.", Iris said. "Iris. This is Kara's life, okay. We all know that better than anybody. This is why we have to protect it for her.", James said. "But it's not just that. Kara & I weren't in a great place before all this happened. What if something happens and I never get the chance-", Iris started to say. "Iris. Please, don't think like that. She's gonna be fine, okay?", Mon said and Iris nodded. "Just act normal.", James said before turning the corner and leaving the two at Iris' desk. Then Cat approached them.

"Oh. Iria. Finally decided to show up, I see.", She said before Iris handed her, her coffee with a smile. "Here you go, Ms. Grant.", Iris said and Cat took it, but still seemed suspicious. "Okay. Where is Kara then?", Cat asked. "Kara, um-", Iris started to say. "Use your words.", Cat said.

"I- Yes, I- I- You know, I did see Kara, Miss Grant. She was bitten by a tic. She's had a horrible allergic reaction.", Iris came up with and Mon decided to go along with it. "Yeah. So, swelling, vomiting- Oh, God, she had these swollen ankles, it was awful. And I- You know, you should've seen the size of this tic.", Mon said but Iris smacked his arm. "This thing was like- She- It was normal size. It was- You know, small- It was actually a bunch of little- Little ones like lice. It was- Kara had lice." Mon said but Cat glared at them. "I have been watching you two cover for her day after day, putting yourself and your job in jeopardy. And for what? Now, you tell her that she is expected to be back at her desk within the hour or she can kiss this little mediocre job goodbye.", Cat said and Iris & Mon looked at each other in worry.

DEO

Barry approached Alex & J'onn in worry from the phone call that he got. "Hey. I got a call from James Olsen. Cat's gonna fire her unless she shows up for work. James, Iris & Mon are doing the best that they can to cover for her, but- They need help.", Barry said and Alex sighed before looking at J'onn. "CatCo is more than a job to Kara. It's where she gets to live a normal life. You know, for all that she does for the DEO and, and for us. I just think that it's our responsibility to make sure that that life is waiting for her—"

"when she wakes up."

J'onn sighed as he started at the worried faces of Alex & Barry. "All right. What can I do?"

CatCo

J'onn as Kara walked off the elevator of CatCo sighing but Mon, James & Iris turned the corner to see him. "Kara?", Mon asked and they all ran up to him, excited.

"Hey! You're back!", Iris exclaimed. "Sorry to disappoint you, Ms. West, but Miss Danvers is still incapacitated.", J'onn said. "Well- Well, then, who are you?", James asked. "An agent of the DEO sent to maintain Miss Danver's cover until she's able to return herself.", J'onn said but Iris & Mon stared at him, realizing where they have seen that type of attitude before.

"J'onn?", Iris & Mon said as the same time. J'onn turned around and glared at them but they looked excited.

"Yes! I knew it!", Iris exclaimed. "High five!", Mon exclaimed to Iris and she slapped his hand in enjoyment. "J'onn? Who's J'onn?", James asked and Iris & Mon calmed down to realize that James was there.

"James! You are...still here...", Iris said. "Yes. That I am.", James said. "Uhh. It doesn't matter who J'onn is...what matters is that...he's here to help Kara!", Mon exclaimed and James, hesitantly, nodded.

"Speaking of, Do you know what you're getting yourself into? I mean, have you ever been an reporter before? And the girl who Cat Grant tends to rant to.", Iris said. "I'm an elite agent of an intergalactic paramilitary force. I think I can handle Cat Grant & Snapper Carr.", J'onn said before he walked into Snapper's office and put down the report Kara had for him before she got hit by the Black Mercy. "Oh, how lovely for you to come in to the office on a weekday, no less. You are a real hero, Carla.", Snapper said and J'onn frowned at him. "Will that be all, Sir?", he asked and Snapper gave him a look, and J'onn knew he should just leave. "Ohh, Karaaa!", J'onn heard Cat yell from her office and he walked in the office with annoyance. "Yes, Ms. Grant?", J'onn asked. "Refill my coffee.", Cat said and J'onn cleared his throat. "Last time I checked, I'm not your assistant.", J'onn said. "Well Iris is out doing some things for me.", Cat said and J'onn nodded before he made coffee for Cat. Then gave it to her.

"Was there a reason you called me in, Miss Grant?", J'onn asked. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just dealing with a little story about a solar storm that threatens all global commerce and promises civilian unrest.", Cat said and J'onn frowned not knowing what else to say. "Yes. That will be all.", Cat continued before J'onn started to walk out but then Cat slightly gagged. "Mmm! Mmm!" J'onn looked at her with a questionable expression.

"What kind of milk is in this?", Cat asked. "Whole, ma'am.", J'onn said. "Whole milk has not passed my lips since I rode a bicycle with streamers on the handles.", Car said as she got up to get some water. "Well, perhaps if you were clearer with instructions, there would be less of an issue with execution.", J'onn said. "Well, I am so glad to see that you are so comfortable that you can speak so honestly. Allow me to do the same for you. All this time you've been prancing around my office, pretending to be someone you're not. Well, I see the real you. And I cannot un-see it. So I'd advise you to strap in.", Cat said and J'onn turned back around and walked out of her office. "That woman makes me miss my alien prison.", he muttered.