annoying little things

"Scotch

"Scotch. Neat."

Kara was with Adam at the dinner with Lucy & Lane and she was already regretting everything. "Same.", Lucy & Adam said in unison, before looking at each other. Kara noticed the looks exchanged between Lucy & Adam before looking at the waiter. "Um. I'll just have a club soda.", Kara said softly.

"Never trust a woman who doesn't drink because she's probably a self-righteous sort, a woman who thinks she knows right from wrong all the time.", Lucy said to Kara. "That sounds familiar.", Lane said. "You've said to Jimmy before.", Lucy said. "Oh right. James Crumley.", Lane said, with a slight smile but there was still tension surrounding the whole table. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom.", Adam said before getting up and going to the bathroom.

"I was surprised to hear that you and Adam got together.", Lane said and Lucy slightly glared at him. "Dad. Play nice.", Lucy said. "Surprised or disappointed?", Kara asked and Lucy slightly sighed. "You know how I feel about it.", Lane said. "Just because I know Superman and because I work for Cat Grant?", Kara asked. "Well Cat gave Adam up.", Lane said. "Dad.", Lucy said in annoyance. "She wanted to keep him, for your information, she just wanted to give him his best chance, without her.", Kara explained. "That's not a good reason.", Lane said. "Yeah? Well not wanting me to be with Adam because I work with his biological mother isn't a good reason either.", Kara said. "That's not why!", Lane exclaimed. "Then why?", Kara asked. "You're not good enough.", Lucy said and Kara looked at her in confusion. "What?", Kara asked. "Adam has a bright future. He doesn't need to be caught up with a wanna-be-journalist.", Lucy hesitantly said and Kara was quite hurt by her words. Then Adam came back and sat down. "We good?", he asked. "Yeah.", Kara said softly.

Iris & Cat ended up at a bar, and Cat, just a little bit sober, started to give Iris a life lesson. "Here's the thing, Iris, everybody gets angry.", Cat began to say before looking at Iris who looked puzzled. "And there is no pill that will eradicate this particular emotion. I know this because if there were such a pill I would be popping those babies like Pez.", Cat said and Iris slightly chuckled then looked regretful again. "Ms. Grant, I'm sorry. I really- about-", Iris started to ramble. "You live with Kara, right?", Cat asked. "Uhh..yeah?", Iris said in a confused tone. "She's rubbing off on you because you apologize too much, which is a separate, although related, problem.", Cat said and Iris was still giving a confused look. "This is about work. And anger. Whatever you do, you can't get angry at work. Especially when you're a girl.", Cat said and Iris slowly nodded her head.

"When I was working at the Daily Planet, Perry White picked up a chair and he threw it out of the window, because somebody missed a deadline. And no he didn't open the window first."

"If I had thrown a chair, or, my God, if I had thrown a napkin, it would have been all over the papers. It would have been professional and cultural suicide.", Cat continued. "Then what do you do?", Iris asked. "Well, you need to find a release. You need to—Take up some boxing or start screaming at your housekeeper.
But the real key Iris, is that you need to figure out what's really bothering you. For example, I am so furious with my mother, so I took it out on you. And you are so mad at me, but—And this is the important bit..", Cat said as she got closer to Iris, and Iris leaned in to listen. "You weren't really mad at me.", she said. "Actually, I kind of was.", Iris said. "No. Uh-uh. You were really mad, at something else. You need to find, find that anger behind the anger. And you need to figure out what is really making you mad.", Cat said and Iris slightly nodded.

At the DEO, the next day, Kara, Iris & Barry were all surrounded, trying to figure out how to stop Red Tornado. "Thanks to Maxwell Lord, we know Dr. Morrow is still controlling Red Tornado.", Winn said, holding his tablet. "That's why it's targeted General Lane last night.", Kara said. "Morrow wants revenge on Lane for mothballing his project.", Barry said. "So, if we take out Dr. Morrow, we take out Red Tornado.", Iris said. "So..we draw out the android. Then we trace the relay signal Dr. Morrow's using to control it back to Dr. Morrow.", Lane said. "Supergirl, keep Red Tornado occupied until I can shut it down.", Alex said and Kara nodded then Barry pulled her to the side while everyone else scattered. "Think you can keep your cool this time?", Barry asked in concern. "I'm not afraid of my anger anymore. I can use it. Channel it to work for me, not against me.", Kara said and Barry smiled at her. "That's my SG!", he exclaimed and she slightly laughed.

Kara found Red Tornado and they started to fight and it seemed like he was about to kill her because the Dr was still controlling him. Barry was looking at the screen in concern for his friend and was holding on tight to a bar. "Come on, come on.", he muttered. Then suddenly, RT backed down and Kara was able to get out of his grip. "You did it!", Kara exclaimed into comms to Alex. Barry & Iris smiled, happy it worked. Then RT started to move again and they all frowned. "It's still going. It's still going!", Barry exclaimed. "Agent Danvers.", Hank said in comms. "No commands are being transmitted to the android.", Alex said. "It's sentient."

Then Kara did the only thing that would help her with her anger. She used her laser vision on RT until he would back down but it wouldn't. So she used it harder, so hard that she started to yell in anger. He finally shut down and it seemed like Kara was out of energy that she dropped to the ground, exhausted. Barry ran out to her and helped her stand up. "Are you okay?", Barry asked and Kara nodded. "I'm-I'm okay. It's over.", she muttered