the american way

Kara's Apartment

Kara & Iris were watching TV on their couch late at night but all Kara could think about was that was the next day at work. She knew it was gonna be bad. "Hmm- I should probably just go to bed. I have to see Miss Grant tomorrow.", Kara said and Iris gave her a look.

"So do I.", she said. "But between what happened with Adam and missing work, it's- Oh it's bad. It's really bad.", Kara said and Iris frowned at her.

"Well, to make you feel better. She's mad at both of us.", Iris said but Kara frowned and Iris knew that it didn't. "Okay, come here.", Iris said before she hugged Kara from behind and Kara smiled. "No thinking. Just hugging.", Iris said and they both started to chuckle. "You want to know the really messed up part?", Kara asked.

"Hmm?", Iris hummed. "I miss Astra.", Kara said and Iris looked sad. She felt so torn that she knew that Barry killed Astra and she was once again keeping a secret from her. "I was getting through to her, Iris. If I had just had a little more time, I could've brought her home. Brought her back. If Hank hadn't-", Kara said, but stopped herself but she had so much anger. Iris didn't want to disrespect Barry by not letting him tell Kara but she couldn't hold it together anymore.

"Kara, there's something I need to tell you-", Iris started to say but the window opened and they both looked at it, gasping. But realized it was nothing. "Just jumpy, I guess.", Kara said.

"Yeah.", Iris said. "It would be so easy to kill you." Instantly, Kara & Iris got up to see Non standing in their living-room. Kara made Iris get behind her but Iris still gave Non a stern look.

"Get out.", Iris said. "I need you to come with me.", Non said to Kara.

"Not a chance.", Iris said. "You have no part of this, human. I come for Astra. Not myself.", Non said then Kara looked back at Iris. "I'll be all right.", Kara said before she went with him. Once they both left, Iris got her phone and started to blow Barry with texts.

Iris: you are a idiot
Iris: why did you have to kill Astra
Iris: I hate lying to her again
Iris: You have to tell her and soon before there's a wedge between me and her
Iris: but importantly, between her and you.

DEO

Barry, Kara, Alex & J'onn were gathered together to talk about what happens next. "How long before Non returns?", J'onn asked. "Two weeks. We give up daily toil and lend our hearts to the loved ones making the journey home to Rao, the sun god. We light their way.", Kara said. "And you think he can be trusted to observe this mourning period?", J'onn asked. "Do you think he's going to let his wife walk alone in the dark?", Kara asked sternly. "I simply-", J'onn started to say but then Barry put his hand on Kara's shoulder.

"Thank you for coming in.", he said. "We're at war. We're going to have to do a lot of things we don't want to do.", Kara said, glancing at J'onn. Then Winn appraoched them. "Uh. Kara. Sorry to interrupt. Prisoner 5090 is demanding to see you.", he said and Kara looked annoyed. "Hmm, day just keeps getting better.", Kara said but then she walked away to go see Max. Then Barry turned to Alex & J'onn.

"I can't do this. Iris can't either. She almost told her last night.", Barry said. "Yes, you can.", J'onn said. "She deserves to know the truth. And it's not fair to you.", Barry said. "I can take her hating me. If you tell her you killed Astra, she'll have lost you, too. She needs you, Mr. Allen.", J'onn said but Barry's gut was still aching in regret about what he did to Astra. And that he's letting J'onn take the blame.

"It's not right.", Barry said. "Maybe. But it's what she needs to keep going.", Alex said and Barry clenched his fists in frusteration.

Cell 19