Master of the Leash

As soon as the Holiday break is over, the girls have recorded an Idol Room guesting. Jihyo raked in As, won most of the games, and got selected as the 17th member of Idol999. Although these are fun memories, some can't help feeling that something is off.

"Did you guys go easy on me?" Jihyo asks them while getting ready to go back to the dorm.

"Unnie, I'd rather lose so I could eat bread." Tzuyu replies.

"Maj-ja! I won over you in the bug segment though. Clearly did my best. What are you talking about?" Momo wonders.

Nayeon senses it, "Is this about the nitpicking game?"

"Even as a joke, you guys didn't-"

Jihyo smiles faintly, "use it against me. Thanks everyone."

"Like what Donnie and Connie sunbaes said... Can't say anything when there's nothing to nitpick about." Dahyun shares.

"Well, we had childish disses." Jeongyeon chuckles.

"What's done to you is infuriating. It's been giving you more stress. That's not to be joked about." Sana goes to Jihyo and fixes her fringes.

"Geez, just how many years have you felt you've aged because of it?"

Lately, Jihyo lets her bangs down. If only she could hide from embarassment brought about the issue, she would. Unfortunately, she can't.

With their 8th mini album launching in a few days, she has to attempt to face everyone with her head held high. Having bangs is the most she could do.

"Actually, Nayeon-ie somehow utilized your situation." Chaeyoung points it out.

"And through that, your truth is revealed. 'Recently feeling old hence, the bangs'... That's a good one, Nayeon-ie!"

"Is it okay to do that?" Jihyo hesitates yet again.

"It's exactly what should be done Jihyo unnie", Chaeng states.

"If not for the unnies' puberty fit, I'd think that game intends to fish for info. I get the feeling that it won't stop here.

With the amount of promotions for this comeback, there's high chance YOU WILL BE questioned about it.

People want truth? Let's give them that. Just not directly though, like what Nayeon-ie did. "

Not directly. Yeah, because we don't have the power nor freedom to talk. We are bound by instructions. But until where?

Jihyo is uneasy, "I'm sorry. I think I should ask the higher ups."

"If they tell you to play dead, would you just keep being an idiot and follow them?" Jeongyeon shakes her head and mocks her. "Your job is not to jump hoops for them, you know."

They are treated as machines one moment and as dolls on the next. It's ironic to pose for an issue that would detriment the main task of making money. It has become herculean now that Mina couldn't join the promotions.

In addition, covering Sana and Jihyo is unnecessary as the pair would just seem as fanservice. In which, it would actually benefit the team more than getting linked at this point. For her, confronting such dissonant company is pointless.

"Unless..." Jeong suddenly realizes something.

"We're a puppy and JYPE is just an older dog we're sharing a leash with. The master-", she strokes her chin.

Who is the master?

Jeongyeon together with Nayeon accompanies Jihyo to the meeting. Meanwhile at the dorm, some of the girls are having brunch to boost a day packed of schedule.