Whisper Game

"Ugh... Yeoboseyo? Ne, San-shin?" Nayeon body achingly picks up a phone call and the first thing she does is tease Momo.

They went hiking yesterday as shared on Twicetagram. The grannies passing by were shocked seeing a mane too bright that they called Momo as san-shin, meaning mountain spirit.

"Unnie", Momo scratches head as she looks over to Sana hyper-focusingly cooing on Boo, the newly gotten puppy. "Uhh~ How come it's okay for us to do things together? I mean, why can't those two get away with IT like we do?"

The unnie wipes face perking herself up "Momo-yah, the circumstances are different. We're unlike Sana and Jihyo, we're not a couple. OUR manner of clearing the issue wouldn't make people get the wrong idea..."

Momo's circumstance is that of dealing with Heechul, whom Twice could personally ask and make considerate arrangements with. While Jihyo was paired to an entire stranger, arranged only among companies.

Pure business. The thing about such deals is that they are ruthlessly professional. There's no room for friendly compromises.

Jeong has sensed that the weeks of peace were too good to be true. Her hunch was amplified when Mina got weirded out gaming on SuperStar JYPNATION. She said "Eh, what is this?! Suddenly, there's Kang Daniel ad??"

It occurred to Jeongyeon that Konnect may be asserting their end of the bargain and JYPE had to deliver. So when the manager informed them about the meeting, she gulped in concern sensing another of fate's betrayal towards Jihyo.

She has asked Jihyo then to be more careful. She personally experienced how JYPE could get back at them even just for a beer Vlive broadcast back in July 2019. It's petty. But really, how much careful is careful and in what way?

The Jjakkungs met the Board. Some directors were disappointed at what they're witnessing. Projected on the screen were the times that Sana and Jihyo were deemed TOO sweet that the public may get the wrong idea.

Of course, their recent conduct too was called out. Especially, the one where Sana commented "Pretty <3" on Jihyo's post. Sajangnim had to ask, "Is this necessary Sana ssi?"

"Sir, I- I don't understand... What's wrong? Isn't that just being honest and sincere." Shortly gazed at Jihyo, "Aren't we being true to ourselves? See, our mind is healthy like this."

"Sana ssi, kumanhae. You two are overdoing it."

"Overdoing?"

Jihyo closed eyes for a moment as she felt slighted "Sajangnim, people are still thinking wrongly. They are SOLD to what Dispatch reported of me. Them even celebrating anniversary of me dating him?! We haven't done enou-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH."

"Sajangnim, you promised!" Getting carried away, "You promised to give us more opportunities to message Once. That the home I go to is not his. That Nayeon and Jeongyeon are unnies who do mind image. That Sana is my partn-"

"Until where do you plan to go?! That greed wouldn't seem to stop at simply showing you're not dating him! Can you really protect yourselves and take responsibility when the line is crossed huh?!"

JYP raised palm, interjecting "Sorry. But the situation too has come to this..."

"Kang Daniel had cut promotions, as you've known. His rest period went short though. Seems comeback's a must asap. Though he recently did, they've already lost significantly."

Confused, she asked "And so?! How does this concern us?"

"Due to the incident, we thought Konnect would withdraw the deal." CEO then bluntly told them, "Our hands are still tied Jihyo ssi."