Switched Hearts

Fate brings more opportunities to fulfill goals. But it doesn't hand them in a silver platter. The girls have been looking forward for two incoming occasions: The Dome and Seoul Finale.

But by the time Twice got back to Korea, a viral crisis is spreading fast. The Corona cases jumped tenfold forcing restrictions in the international borders. Shizuoka became the last leg of Twicelights tour.

It's only a month into the Year of the Rat. Yet, their goals are slipping through their fingers. As it seems, fate is testing the girls of how badly they want them.

The changes happening are drastic. Tzuyu, who raced back to her hometown in Taiwan, was first announced donating to both the Chinese and Korean treasuries fighting the pandemic.

Dahyun and Nayeon followed shortly donating in the Korean fund. These were personal decisions.

"Should I or should I not?" Jihyo is assessing.

Sana can sense there's something holding her back. Considerably, Jihyo had already done so much for Korea covering the government's unimaginable mistakes even when the public isn't always nice to her.

Other than that, Jihyo has familial piety. The leader has taken up the financial obligation towards her sibling's education. And with the sudden stop of gigs limiting the streams of income, saving up would rather be the priority.

"Don't push yourself Jihyo-yah. We can do other ways to help", Sana says as she has also evaluated. Jihyo listens carefully.

Afterall, Sana empathizes with her the most. The Japanese may not have any siblings but, that's exactly what makes it difficult. She has no one else to rely on in giving back to parents and grandma while having her own life to build.

"Okay, what do you have in mind?"

"Uhm~ We could keep reminding everyone about precautions. Wear mask. Hand washing. Take care of oneself by eating healthy and exercising", Sana enumerates.

The leader had already done this in her February 25th Instagram post with MiChaeng. But, are reminders in captions alone enough? Action-wise, Twice has added face masks into their airport fashion.

Well, there's this crucial precaution Sana hasn't mentioned yet. One that Jihyo hopes her partner wouldn't suggest. Because then, the leader would have to choose between their goals.

Health or Happiness? For someone responsible, the choice is obvious.

Sana intentionally skipped IT. She wouldn't even consider. But discussing with Momo and Nayeon after their recent audio Vlive, Sana recognizes the implication of the pandemic.

Nayeon asserts her unnie-ness, "You'll have to choose health for now Sana-yah. A must sacrifice to achieve happiness later on. Jihyo wouldn't say it but she will try to do what's best for both of you. Don't make it more difficult for her."

"Ah good luck my chingu", Momo mocks Sana.

Sana lifts her buried face from the table. "Can't help it. I wanna be next to her. Ugh give me at least some time to adjust", she slumps again.

In the 'Fashion Club Room', the first Vlive with Mina's presence, the Jjakkungs are coughing and sniffing. With this in mind, Jihyo has been keeping hands to her own front pocket; carefully not touching Sana.

The Japanese, however, is such a tease to the leader's urge. When Jihyo reaches for a cup, Sana is there to pour a drink. When Jihyo is shivering, Sana warms her by snuggling in with head resting on shoulder. When Jihyo sulks on the jokes, Sana goes in for a hug reassuring her.

Partners just can't help being attentive to each other.

"Go ahead", Sana even gives way for Jihyo to take a sip on the dalgona coffee Momo has been whisking.