The Proposal

"Sucks I wasn't able to go."

It was the last Twicelights for 2019 where they could've performed completely. Time is precious. The girls would dearly miss Mina once again as she couldn't join the massive year-end events happening next.

Chaeyoung turns to Mina and places hand on the other's thigh, "You didn't overwork though, did you? I'm sorry, Minari."

Other than her long-time knee injury, Mina sprained her foot from catching up to the recent choreographies before the Nagoya shows.

She waves her hand no, "Walking doesn't take work and I sat thru choreos. Thankfully, Nayeon-ie and Jeongyeon-ie played with me on our unit stage. It didn't feel daunting."

"We're really like family now", Chaeng says.

"At times, even more." Mina agrees. She recalled Chaeng's GQ interview and realized how much wisdom this maknae has. "As you've said, it would have been difficult going through it alone. Honestly, if not for everyone I would've..."

Chaeng hushes her, "Don't say~ It wasn't the case. You're not alone and will never be! I, for one, won't leave you."

Mina leans onto the maknae's shoulder, "Thank you for being patient with me. This time, it's Jihyo who's facing her anxieties. You've also said, there's 9 of us who understand each other more than anyone. Right?""

"Gurae. You found strength. Jihyo unnie would too", Chaeng pats Mina. "She has us. And particularly..."

Mina nods with an empathic smile completing Chaeng's thought, "...There's someone waiting for her—Sana, whom Jihyo can depend her worries with."

Twice, this time, didn't fly back to Korea. A sound decision as The Mnet Asian Music Awards, which will also be held in Nagoya, is in 2 days anyway. Enough breathing room to recover, prepare, and meditate if they must, instead of wasting energy going back and forth.

While rehearsing at the dome, Jihyo wobbles at the sight of the seating capacity. There will be 50,000 people here who would look at me believing the news that I'm some desperate girl crazy to meet up and drive to him.

Her breathing becomes erratic. No matter how I send messages, no one understands. No one notices the truth. And if I tell more in details, it would be me against them. Ottoke? What do I do?

Sana catches her from behind. The dark-haired Japanese squeezes and caresses the leader's arms. She mouths to the other's ear, "Jihyo-yah. My Jihyo, WE are here with you. This moment right here is precious that nothing else matters."

With eyes closed focusing on her partner's calming words, Jihyo nods. Then, she reaches to the other's hand, takes them off, and proceeds to her blocking spot.

Jeongyeon sees this off vibe between the two so, she offers help. "So~ Do we invade her room again?"

"Aniya", Sana tells Jeong. She doesn't sulk at her partner as she expects that this is what it takes to wait for Jihyo.

Back in the hotel, Jihyo heads straight to her room. Sana who's behind following the leader sees the door shutting at her face again. She pauses and thinks for a bit before sending a text.

[lets watch Camellia Blooms?]

But Sana suddenly finds it tacky. So, she erased it and types another.

[please don't catch cold. good night <3]

Sana breathes out, relieved as she has done what she could for the day. And this time it seems, it's paying off. Just as she's about to walk away, the door clicks open. Sana turns around wide-eyed.